• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Egleston Munitions bullets

I tested some of their 124gr coated 9mm projectiles.

Nothing wrong with them, but there are cheaper alternatives, so I never pursued them beyond a sample pack.

i have used precision bullets (not precision delta) for years. Their coated bullets are almost as cheap as lead bullets, but they shoot and reload like jacketed bullets. I say this because their sie and weight is very very consistent, they don't smoke, and they don't crud up your reloading dies like cast bullets.

In my opinion they are the best of all worlds. That and the owner of teh company is a great guy. I think you can find them around locally.

i have used precision bullets (not precision delta) for years. Their coated bullets are almost as cheap as lead bullets, but they shoot and reload like jacketed bullets. I say this because their sie and weight is very very consistent, they don't smoke, and they don't crud up your reloading dies like cast bullets.

In my opinion they are the best of all worlds. That and the owner of teh company is a great guy. I think you can find them around locally.

Precision won out for me over Eggleston, on price, for my 9mm load this season.

I may be switching to Blue Bullets though. I am working up a 40SW load now, and the previous owner of my Limited gun was using 200gr BBI's, so that's my starting point. When pricing out their 147gr and 124-125gr 9mm projectiles, they are actually a hair cheaper than PB or HS. They also offer a 135gr that is a good midpoint between the soft recoil of the 147, and price of the 124.

Precision Bullets use a moly coating, HS Bullets uses Hi-Tek, and Blue Bullets uses a proprietary coating. Those three companies are the cheapest shipped per case for their respective coatings. Blue Bullets offers 5% off to members of most forums, and 10% off if you put their logo on your gear when you shoot in competitions.

I have a bunch of different competition loads to chrono and test using Blue Bullets, and Precision Bullets in 9mm and 40SW (and by extension, plinking loads for 10mm using the same projectiles). I also grabbed some .45 sample packs from both companies to see what my 1911 likes.

I've used the coated Bayou 200gr swc with great results in a 1911, and their website prices seem reasonable.

Any info regarding the Precision bullets being sold locally ? Pm is fine.

Has anyone used the coated bullets from Eggleston Munitions.

No, haven't used them. I have been buying coated bullets from Norm in NM. Loading in .45 ACP, 6.5 Swede/Jap, .7.62 NATO, 7.62x54R, 8x57mm, .303 British, .30-06 and 7.5 Swiss. I'm not pushing them with full-power jacketed data, but they have made it easy to stop casting myself.

The only negative I've found with Precision is that all their pistol bullets are square tipped. So they won't feed through my M11/9 MG. For that I have to use standard copper fmj.

I have to load them much shorter. For example, with my 9mm stuff, before I sent my G34 match barrel out to get throated, I could only load 147gr Precisions to 1.060". BBI 147gr RN worked at 1.100"

Pressure builds pretty quick when you load a 147gr to 1.060", haha.

I ended up buying some of the precision bullets to evaluate. I also bought some of the Blue bullets. The precision's arrived and look like they are good quality. Excellent packaging as well.

Back
Top Bottom