Effort to Ban Hunting and Fishing in Oregon

there are enough loony leftys on the left coast that it just may pass.

We all do. Why let them get a toe-hold anywhere??? Next is the argument in CA, MA, NJ and elsewhere "well, they have it in Oreo-gone." Next you'll see your seasons reduced in NH, ME and elsewhere.

DO NOT LET THEM TAKE ONE INCH!

Amen. California or Oregon does something and MA and NY follow 5-10 years later, suddenly a half dozen states do it and it becomes "normalised" to the extend that localities and red and purple states are able to push it through.

I'm conflicted. One part of me agrees with the don't give an inch camp - never surrender. The other part towards let them reap what they sow. When the deer/car collisions start to rise, their expensive ornamental bushes get browsed to death, heard becomes unhealthy, and when those 'cute' little woodland creatures become pests, they may reconsider.

Like defund the police... let us know how that works out for you.

I'm conflicted. One part of me agrees with the don't give an inch camp - never surrender. The other part towards let them reap what they sow. When the deer/car collisions start to rise, their expensive ornamental bushes get browsed to death, heard becomes unhealthy, and when those 'cute' little woodland creatures become pests, they may reconsider.

Like defund the police... let us know how that works out for you.

Yet that isn't how it works. They start this "let's play videos about condom use to the local deer population" type ideas. Defund the police has a direct immediate consequence. Eliminate hunting? Takes a few years. By then, they've come up with some stupid-ass way to "solve" the problem that never solves the problem.

Yet that isn't how it works. They start this "let's play videos about condom use to the local deer population" type ideas. Defund the police has a direct immediate consequence. Eliminate hunting? Takes a few years. By then, they've come up with some stupid-ass way to "solve" the problem that never solves the problem.
right. the anti-hunting crowd are already talking about using chemical birth control on the herds so we don't "need" hunters

The other issue is the decline in the number of people who still hunt. It's very rare to see 16 - 40 year old hunters out in the woods - most are in the 55 - 60+ age range. The amount of private land that's posted and off-limits has increased quite a bit over the years as well, making State/Fed owned property the only option for most folks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom