• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

effn boston herald

I never understood why the media continually tries to demonize firearms dealers after a shooting.

The next time some drunk decides to careen his Camry into a herd of 7-day old puppies, I bet they don't send a reporter to Boch Toyota.

Only a few comments on the article. Here's one of them:

New Hampshire doesn't have many gun laws. Live free or die. Buying a gun there is so easy, it's ridiculous. I know. My friend bought one right in front of me by simply filling out a form. No lie.
[hmmm]

One of the comments
New Hampshire doesn't have many gun laws. Live free or die. Buying a gun there is so easy, it's ridiculous. I know. My friend bought one right in front of me by simply filling out a form. No lie.
[rolleyes]
Edit: Bill beat me to it.

Shhh. Don't tell anyone, but I know a great loophole for how to buy guns in MA... all I have to do is show a little card and press my finger on this weird pad thing, and boom, I can walk out with a gun THAT VERY SAME DAY!! Rockin' loophole. I love it! And I can do it at a gun store ANY DAY OF THE WEEK!

Herald lost some street cred on that one....

look at this moronic statement
"In N.H. You do have to fill out a form and swear by that form that you have never been convicted of a felony drug conviction etc. but there is not 3 day or 1 week waiting period for it. My friend who has a Mass Lic to carry which iss near impossible to get. Went to Rileys in N.H. with me tagging along. Showed his drivers lic. then purchased a 30.06 rifle for hunting. Why N.H. because in Mass. the tax for such a rifle would cost him between $700.00 and $800.00 where as N.H. has no sales tax and he purchased it for $476.00 saving 2-3 hundred dollars Plus no waiting period. So in short The Herald reporter is show boating for something to stir the kettle with. Intelligent people will read this and then look at the actual facts of the matter. Also in N.H, there is no law prohibiting a person from owning a gun no matter what crime they have committed. except for maybe murder, as long as you buy it from an individual or have previously owned it. This applies in Vermont & Maine as well. Steal a chicken when your 10 years old in this state and get charged. Forget even applying for a permit. Oh also, a .357 travels at 1200 to 1300 feet per second range of a mile,and can respectively kill someone with in 2 to 3 hundred feet. My friends 30.06 travels 2500 to 3200 feet per second & has range of 3 miles and can kill at 1000 ft. to a mile"

wtf people are useless anybody ever make that 1mile .357 shot?

Also in N.H, there is no law prohibiting a person from owning a gun no matter what crime they have committed. except for maybe murder, as long as you buy it from an individual or have previously owned it. This applies in Vermont & Maine as well.

Really ????
Obviously this guy suffers from rectal-cranial inversion. [rolleyes]

look at this moronic statement
"In N.H. You do have to fill out a form and swear by that form that you have never been convicted of a felony drug conviction etc. but there is not 3 day or 1 week waiting period for it. My friend who has a Mass Lic to carry which iss near impossible to get. Went to Rileys in N.H. with me tagging along. Showed his drivers lic. then purchased a 30.06 rifle for hunting. Why N.H. because in Mass. the tax for such a rifle would cost him between $700.00 and $800.00 where as N.H. has no sales tax and he purchased it for $476.00 saving 2-3 hundred dollars Plus no waiting period. So in short The Herald reporter is show boating for something to stir the kettle with. Intelligent people will read this and then look at the actual facts of the matter. Also in N.H, there is no law prohibiting a person from owning a gun no matter what crime they have committed. except for maybe murder, as long as you buy it from an individual or have previously owned it. This applies in Vermont & Maine as well. Steal a chicken when your 10 years old in this state and get charged. Forget even applying for a permit. Oh also, a .357 travels at 1200 to 1300 feet per second range of a mile,and can respectively kill someone with in 2 to 3 hundred feet. My friends 30.06 travels 2500 to 3200 feet per second & has range of 3 miles and can kill at 1000 ft. to a mile"

wtf people are useless anybody ever make that 1mile .357 shot?

We ought to have a contest to see who can find the most lies, half-truths, and nonsensical statements in that posting. That must have been one hell of a rifle if his friend saved "2-3 hundred dollars" in sales tax by buying it in NH. And no waiting period, either! [rolleyes]

people are such goddamn idiots and will believe whatever shit is spoon-fed right into their mouths by the media. it would be funny if it weren't so true.

I love reading the comments more then the articles. Stupid people saying stupid stuff cracks me up.

True, some of the idiocy might be a little funny. However, I find most of the comments to be 'scary' stupid. The stupid crap that these uninformed idiots write is disgusting for at least two reasons.

1:They actually believe what they're saying.
2:A good portion of the people reading such statements end up believing them, repeat them and perpetuate the idiocy.

When this happens, it tends to make life more difficult for all of 'us' in the long run because draconian laws end up being written and passed because of these idiots. [angry]

Note they don't way it was a private, FTF sale at the gunshow. And note that it was her gun, not his. It may well have been from a dealer, complete with background check, same as a store front. In fact, because they got the info back so quickly, I'm pretty sure it must have been a dealer sale. So, it's an even BIGGER bunch of hooey about nothing.

WRT the sales tax, on your MA state form you are responsible for paying tax on all out of state purchases, it may be called a "use tax", but either way legally if you buy out of state, you are responsible for paying the tax when you file your MA income tax form.

We ought to have a contest to see who can find the most lies, half-truths, and nonsensical statements in that posting. That must have been one hell of a rifle if his friend saved "2-3 hundred dollars" in sales tax by buying it in NH. And no waiting period, either! [rolleyes]

That comment is so chock full of fail that I suspect it's a troll post.

One has to question the motive behind publishing this considering that the gun found was not even used against the police.

-Mike

Also in N.H, there is no law prohibiting a person from owning a gun no matter what crime they have committed. except for maybe murder, as long as you buy it from an individual or have previously owned it. This applies in Vermont & Maine as well.
Really ????
Obviously this guy suffers from rectal-cranial inversion. [rolleyes]

No, he is right.

There is no NEW HAMPSHIRE law barring people that have broken laws from owning firearms, at least of which I am aware. Mass either, I think.

That FEDERAL law barring convicted felons on the other hand...

No, he is right.

There is no NEW HAMPSHIRE law barring people that have broken laws from owning firearms, at least of which I am aware. Mass either, I think.

That FEDERAL law barring convicted felons on the other hand...

Thats sort of what I was wondering. Not to rub it in to Zappa. Just out of curiosity. Because, I know certain states do not have any laws with restriction to ownership that go beyond what the federal laws already do. And, I was wondering if NH was one of them.

No, he is right.

Not true.

NH RSAs have their own "prohibited person" statute, etc. You just never hear about them because the Federal laws are generally more strict than NH's state laws are.

-Mike

From the article: You can buy a gun in NH by filling out a form, I saw it with my own eyes...

NO S**T. Like most states, idiot. Most states do not require anything beyond what the federal law requires. Is that a bad thing?

Please cite the RSA. The standard of law is that the state can not make law that is less stingent than federal law, and have it be valid

I should have said "equal to or more strict". BTW there is nothing in federal law that forces synchronization of the laws, in order for a state law to be valid. I believe Vermont, for example, doesn't have a lot of stuff that is covered in federal law.

Getting back to the main part of my point with Namedpipes, is NH has laws like this- eg, NH's own version of what a "prohibited person" is.
http://www.gencourt.state.nh.us/rsa/html/XII/159/159-3.htm

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom