Effect new CT gun laws have on non-residents

Catoperat

NES Member
I have a friend who has family in CT, but lives in MA. I know he has an AR with 30 round mags. Can he still bring his AR down with some 30 round mags to the family gravel pit in CT and have at it? I've read through the entire law and can't seem to answer his question.

Last edited:
It seems like the gun (and magazines [puke]) would have to be registered to a CT resident in order for them to be legally in CT.

I still don't get how they expect you to register a metal box with no serial number.

people don't seem to understand the concept of something being banned.....

that means unless there's an exception in the law (like MA has for competitions, etc..) then YOU CAN'T F****** HAVE IT......

that's what banned means.....

people don't seem to understand the concept of something being banned.....

that means unless there's an exception in the law (like MA has for competitions, etc..) then YOU CAN'T F****** HAVE IT......

that's what banned means.....

Can i have a PMAG in MA [wink], this does suck, a complete travesty

You cannot bring any 30 round mag into CT as of this afternoon. None. It doesn't matter why you want to, you can't.

Any mags you have here can be registered, though no one knows how that works yet, because the ****ing a**h***s running this clown show didn't specify in the law they just passed how to do it.

Violating the law more than once makes you a felon. No word on if "more than once" means on more than one occasion, or just more than one mag on a single occasion.

If you register and own 30rd "CT 2013 PreAWB" mags you cannot load more than 10 rounds into them other than when at home TARGET SHOOTING or at the range TARGET SHOOTING. You may carry normal capacity mags, but not load more than 10 rounds in them even for self defense at home.

It's all for the dead children at Sandy Hook you gun toting baby killer.

I own several 30 round magazines in Connecticut. What do I do?

It unclear at the moment. I'm going to call the Special Licensing and Firearms Unit ((860) 685-8494) and pose some of these questions. I'm sure the answer will be that they have no idea...but its a start.

How do they plan on registering a magazine if there are no serial number or way to specifically identify it? I'd say sorry, lost all my mags.

+1, I'm curious how I'm suppose to register 30 round mags in CT when I'm a MA resident... Are they going to have a non-resident ammunition certificate? Is this now forcing my hand to get my non-res CT permit?

The purpose of registration is to have a form of grandfathering to avoid confiscation (not sure how inhertiance works), not provide a mechanism for ownership. The fact that you are in MA and cannot register mags is a "feature", not a "bug" of the system which is intended to prevent ANY more mags from lawfully crossing the CT border in an inward direction.

So, I reread the law(s) and have come to the following conclusions (IANAL just my .02)

A non-resident CANNOT have a 30 round mag in CT.
A non-resident with a non-resident ltc CAN use an AR-style rifle in CT with a 10 round mag.

Seem correct at this point in the game?

Last edited:
Well I will trade my video game collection for your mags and other goodies you might have, you know it's for the children! Now they can be safe playing video games all day while sipping only on 2oz sodas!

Charles.

It seems like the gun (and magazines [puke]) would have to be registered to a CT resident in order for them to be legally in CT.

I still don't get how they expect you to register a metal box with no serial number.

I have a feeling that they will etch it or stamp it on your mag. Maybe a special sticker.

- - - Updated - - -

I own several 30 round magazines in Connecticut. What do I do?

Send them to me. I will adopt them and you can visit anytime.

Im not privy to the exact details of what this new legislation entails. I think I read something on that said you cannot load more than 10 rounds into a magazine. If this is the case I assume it would have implications on shooting sports like IDPA and what not?

So, I reread the law(s) and have come to the following conclusions (IANAL just my .02)

A non-resident CANNOT have a 30 round mag in CT.
A non-resident with a non-resident ltc CAN use an AR-style rifle in CT with a 10 round mag.

Seem correct at this point in the game?

What part of "ARs are now banned" did you miss?

You cannot bring any AR into CT that was not here before yesterday. The only ARs allowed in CT are the ones that were legally owned here before yesterday. There is no exemption for out of state permits.

If you're from CT, DO NOT COMPLY. They don't have cameras in your house... yet. It's time for civil disobedience.
It's time for Colt, Stag, Mossberg, NSSF, etc to move the heck out. Magpul made noise in CO and are now moving, the co's in CT didn't do much. If they stay, they are tacitly supporting the gun grabbers.

Back
Top Bottom