• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EFA10 issue

btnh6668

NES Member
So i sold a firearm and did the normal ef10 bs but once i got to the end and the transaction was complete, It would not for the life of me print or save. No matter when i did it would load and never leave the page. I got the transaction number but the buyer obviously wants his copy of the efa10. What are my options? Do i try and run the transaction again or do i have to get a hold of them?

So i sold a firearm and did the normal ef10 bs but once i got to the end and the transaction was complete, It would not for the life of me print or save. No matter when i did it would load and never leave the page. I got the transaction number but the buyer obviously wants his copy of the efa10. What are my options? Do i try and run the transaction again or do i have to get a hold of them?
I had this happen a couple times. Both times we just jotted down the transaction number. The buyer can always request a copy from the state. But seems like too much work for what it is

You could just run it again if you have the transfers . Also seems like alot of work

I worried about things like this once upon a time, but lately? Nah.

As long as I know it went through, I reckon I'm legal. I think @dgrantdoherty has it right: the transaction # says it's a good EFA-10, and as long as it exists, it'll be possible to find the document in the VERY unlikely event it's ever needed.

I worried about things like this once upon a time, but lately? Nah.

As long as I know it went through, I reckon I'm legal. I think @dgrantdoherty has it right: the transaction # says it's a good EFA-10, and as long as it exists, it'll be possible to find the document in the VERY unlikely event it's ever needed.
I hear you Picton its more the buyer who is stressing about it. I told him to just keep the transaction number but he is not happy with that answer.

I hear you Picton its more the buyer who is stressing about it. I told him to just keep the transaction number but he is not happy with that answer.
Then redo it or have an ffl do the transfer.

It should be noted that this a state problem. There is no reason why they don't have a search feature.

The transaction is complete with the transaction #. I take a photo of it before trying to print. Tell the buyer it's legal and now you have to send a letter requesting a copy. Then forward to your buyer.

This is not a BFD… Seller has to contact the FRB and request a copy of the eFA10…provide transaction number, date of transfer and LTC number. FRB will send you a nasty note back telling you to ‘do better’ next time, but will email you the eFA10… seller forwards to buyer. Note: Buyer cannot request it directly — go figure.

It should be noted that this a state problem. There is no reason why they don't have a search feature.
The reason that there is no search function or going back is for security of the info . . . to prevent hackers from accessing confidential info on gun owners. That was told to me years ago by the FRB Director.

Requesting a copy from FRB will work. No need to do it over or pay an FFL, etc. Mtn Guy is correct.

The reason that there is no search function or going back is for security of the info . . . to prevent hackers from accessing confidential info on gun owners. That was told to me years ago by the FRB Director.

Requesting a copy from FRB will work. No need to do it over or pay an FFL, etc. Mtn Guy is correct.
If I can look up irs account. I should be able to do an online request for a transfer copy

Screenshot.

I lost most of my FA10, EFA10, paperwork for new guns ...

Just tell him the popo will never find the body, even if they do, you disposed of the casings so he should be good to go with the gun. [laugh]

If it was the buyer's first time, or if he's OCD or a pantywaist, he might not have understood that the EFA-10 has nothing, really, to do with the buyer.
Maybe paranoid, like if the cops ever search him and it turns out the gun was used in a crime or something.

Just trying to think of the most paranoid thing I could.

But people don't understand (I actually had to explain this to a paranoid dude once), it is not like cops will send each gun to get tested and analyze the casings, then try to match them to casings found in a crime scene .... not going to happen. Even if it did, not everything is loaded online. South Carolina tried this with all new gun sales and failed miserably. The goal was to have a registry in case a crime was commited, they could get an instant match, they never solved a case.

Maybe paranoid, like if the cops ever search him and it turns out the gun was used in a crime or something.

Just trying to think of the most paranoid thing I could.

But people don't understand (I actually had to explain this to a paranoid dude once), it is not like cops will send each gun to get tested and analyze the casings, then try to match them to casings found in a crime scene .... not going to happen. Even if it did, not everything is loaded online. South Carolina tried this with all new gun sales and failed miserably. The goal was to have a registry in case a crime was commited, they could get an instant match, they never solved a case.
It wasn't SC, but Maryland. MD dumped the system eventually.

It wasn't SC, but Maryland. MD dumped the system eventually.
As did Canada with their firearms registry (after spending over 90 million dollars on the IT system itself and over $600 million on the Canadian Firearms Center, set up to run it). As Danial Fisher at Forbes put it:
But Canada's experience suggests focusing on the hardware instead of the shooter is an expensive and ultimately fruitless endeavor.

I did a transfer last week. When I get the final page and the page with the transaction number I select to print them and from the print dialog select print to pdf. If all else fail save a screenshot of the pages. I am really only concerned when I sell something. If I am the buyer I don't care if they eFA10 it or not,

Back
Top Bottom