• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

eFA-10: "an error occurred while processing your request"

I just tried to complete the eFA0-10 for a new purchase. It was a piece of cake until the "submit" button. Got a "an error occurred while processing your request" message. Tried it again and got the same thing.

Do I have to call FRB and find out why it didn't go through? Anyone have a similar experience?

I called the FRB today and spoke to a very nice woman. After explaining what happened, and after she confirmed that my submission did not go through, she told me that the eFA0-10 is only "officially" compatible with IE 7.0. I told her I'd tried IE9 and the latest Google Chrome, which she told me are "way too current"...with a chuckle. She said I ought to do the paper form, but that it would probably be hard to get one. I have one and explained to her how easily I got it (different story), we had a laugh and that was it. This is the third time in the last few months I've had reason to call the FRB and they've have been extremely helpful. Yes, I know we shouldn't have to go through all this BS, but at least these folks are helpful in spite of the BS.

Just got home and saw Zappa's previous post that he had success with Firefox so I just tried that and worked fine - thanks Zappa!

Last edited:
The way I look at it is that you tried. No one should have to downgrade their computer to comply with an unconstitutional rule. Eff them, you did your part.

Of course the forms are hard to find. Because those crooked bastards won't supply them to anyone. [thinking]

A month ago I called the FRB, asked them to send some to my PD. A few days later I called my PD and asked if they got them. They said yes, and set a few aside for me to pick up later that day. I'm assuming this is an exception to the rule. Then again you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom