educate me on the 10/22

Just get one, you'll love it. Everytime I take it to the range I wonder why I don't take it with me more often, it's that much fun to shoot.

The 10/22 is the rifle to buy..... In my opinion it is the best all purpose 22 rifle ever made. It has been around since the 1960's and as popular as ever. Ruger warrantee will fix just about anything wrong with their products for free......Buy one, shoot the heck out of it, and if you get tired of it, you can probably sell it for not a whole lot less than you bought it for.

On a separate note, the Mossberg AR-22 is a total piece of junk.....it is a very plasticky feeling jam-o-matic....not worth the headache....it's the Yugo of firearms...

If you like the AR-looking 22's there are better options out there..... or check out the Ruger SR22 rifle..... loaded with 'tactic-cool' and still based on a 10/22

I had a 10/22 because, well, everyone has one at some point, right? I sold it for an M&P 15/22 and haven't looked back. Perhaps it's because I like the manual-of-arms of the AR better. If one likes wood stocks better, than obviously go with the 10/22.

And yeah, avoid Mossberg. They've gone so far down hill.

Well, that was an education, everyone, thanks I am officially convinced!

I think while you may find people bored with the .22 round, you would be hard pressed to find haters of the 10/22 platform. It just works, much like Ruger's SR22 pistol.

When you shoot it side-by-side with an AR or AK its mind numbingly boring. The guys I know who have fun with it just go and shoot the .22 on its own. For me the cost is negligible for a nice rifle that occasionally gets shot. Really, the cost of a 10/22 is the same as an accessory for my AR or AK so there is no money commitment.

If you go shoot 100 rounds from a .22, that costs you $7 (what I paid for CCI AR tactical), the same 100 rounds from an AR costs $37.50. My AR is also not set up for target shooting so the .22 with $150 14x scope is a nice cheap way to do some target shooting on a budget.

Marlin 795, got mine for like $130 as a cheap plinker. Great little gun, fun with the pro mag 25 round mags. Is dead accurate with my BSA sweet scope.

If you do go for a 10/22 a BSA sweet 22 is a great inexpensive scope for it and the mag loader is also a great investment. I have 3 and they are a blast to shoot. I have 2 that are fairly stock and 1 that has a lot of mods. I like shooting the bigger stuff as well but you cant beat .05 a round when you are going through 500 Rounds on a Sunday afternoon.
I also have a Mossberg Ar style 22. It is a piece of shit compared to the 10/22. Don't even consider one.

Auto bolt release, green mt barrel, hogue stock and decent glass and it's an amazing rifle. That said stock works really well too, just add glass and so the auto bolt release

Close

PCyED9.jpg

Went with a Boyd stock instead and an older BSA Sweet 22 scope. Can hit the steel @ 200yds at Dartmouth / Woodcock no problem. Wish he would put the steel target up at 300yds again.

You are not a gun nut if you don't have a 10/22!

I've had one since I was 18. I want to buy another and totally deck it out. That said, I just need a TacSol receiver and build it up from scratch.

We used to spend Sandays at the quarry and blow off a brick of ammo with them. Just wish the damn (cough) "high-Cap" mag BS did not exist (but I have a few pre ban butler creek and eagle mags).

I had a takedown and sold it. Fine rifle too but limited to the OEM stock.

the standard 10/22 is pretty fun. I have an ATI fiberforce stock fits great makes it fun at the range. If you enjoy modifying and tweaking a rifle then the 10/22 is for you.

also wile its 22lr and many consider the round weak, a 22lr coming from a rifle is a whole differet animal than pistol. The rifle puts excellent velocity and makes the round far more lethal. 36gr HP rounds will expand much better out of a rifle. Also the 10/22 eats anything even shitty ammo.

Not any more.

http://www.ruger.com/products/1022DE/specSheets/11167.html

&

http://1022td-woodstocks.com/

THey have it at my LGS in stainless with a synthetic stock at my LGS for 275 I think.....may be hitting that place tomorrow!

You are not a gun nut if you don't have a 10/22!

I've had one since I was 18. I want to buy another and totally deck it out. That said, I just need a TacSol receiver and build it up from scratch.

We used to spend Sandays at the quarry and blow off a brick of ammo with them. Just wish the damn (cough) "high-Cap" mag BS did not exist (but I have a few pre ban butler creek and eagle mags).

Back
Top Bottom