• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Editorial: Guns & flight rage a bad combination

Loaded guns and infuriated, unreasonable passengers are obviously a bad mix. Just as the airline industry is seeking to impose stricter penalties on passengers who create havoc with their behavior on planes, the penalties for attempting to bring a gun on board should be reviewed. Currently, that infraction can merit as little as a $2,500 fine for a first-time offender with an unloaded gun. Mistakes do happen — it’s not impossible to forget that a weapon is in a carry-on bag — but responsible gun owners should be aware of where their firearm is at all times. Infractions with loaded guns especially should trigger far harsher fines, potential for prosecution and bans from future flying.

Should be retitled : "Lol lets talk about a non problem and how to further criminalize people for breaking a shit law. "

Maybe start by getting rid of the face diaper farce. That might lower tensions a bit.

TRIGGER harsher fines???? [rofl] [rofl]

How about ONLY if you bring a gun AND you are raging???

Is this a huge problem at Logan - people accidentally taking their handgun THROUGH TSA and carrying it loaded on a plane???? Seriously???? I mean I know security at Logan has been much much much much much less than stellar since 9/11, but c'mon.

TRIGGER harsher fines???? [rofl] [rofl]

How about ONLY if you bring a gun AND you are raging???

Is this a huge problem at Logan - people accidentally taking their handgun THROUGH TSA and carrying it loaded on a plane???? Seriously???? I mean I know security at Logan has been noticeably much much much much much less than stellar since 9/11, but c'mon.
FIFY
I expect it was always a joke; the change is in how often anyone inspects and reportis their results.

Should be retitled : "Lol lets talk about a non problem and how to further criminalize people for breaking a shit law. "

Maybe start by getting rid of the face diaper farce. That might lower tensions a bit.
Dude - Face Diaper shows that you're part of the Family. Don't want to be though not to be part of the Family.....

Back
Top Bottom