• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eddystone Model of 1917

Pilgrim

NES Member
RETIRED, at home or wherever I want to be
Strickland has a VERY nice Eddystone for sale. Wood is beautiful as nice as I've ever seen. Metal is very nice. Good bore - 1918 barrel. Just passing on the info as I know some of you have expressed interest in these before.

If I didn't already have one, I'd buy it. The tag says $550

Tell him Dennis sent you.[grin]

My 1917 Eddystone was one of the first milsurps I bought after getting the C&R license. I still remember the warm, fuzzy feeling I got inside when someone stepped up and said, "Man - you stole that!"

EddystoneModel1917.jpg

Great battle rifle. I've used it with great success at several military shoots. If you don't have one, get one - before the only things left are the poor specimens returned by the VFW's.

I got my Remington for free from an old family friend who was moving to Hawaii and didn't want to bother. It had been sporterized with a new stock but thankfully nothing else was done to it. $100 later, with a beautiful Eddystone stock from GPC, it was back to original shape, shoots great, and is in great condition.

Still there ! Someone go buy it please. I might have to if you don't and I can't afford it right now !!

I thought about going there today but I'm afraid to go see it.[laugh]

I can't afford it either unless I can sell off a few like my M39 and a K31 if I can find the rear sight for it.

Back
Top Bottom