EddieCoyle / Shirley Rod & Gun

Hello all,

I'm looking for EddieCoyle (based on previous discussion threads) or anyone else affiliated with Shirley Rod & Gun. Everything I have read about the club looks VERY positive. I am considering membership and have some questions . . . .

1) I read on the club's web page that the members have voted to 'cap' membership. Has that cap been reached? Does the 'membership year' still begin in March?
2) Other than no .50BMG, is mild steel core 7.62x54r (Mosin Nagant surplus fodder) ok to use on the rifle range?
3) What are "hours of operation" of the club? Something like 8am to dusk?
4) Other clubs have a "no outdoor shooting until 1pm on Sunday" rule. Anything like this at Shirley?
5) Is membership in GOAL, SAF, NRA, or similar "required" for membership? FWIW, I maintain a GOAL membership. I am considering Comm2a, SAF, and maybe JPFO.

Thank you . . . .

Brad

Brad:

Why don't you PM him. Under "Community" on the tool bar you will find him listed under "e" on the member list.

Hey all . .

I PM'd Eddie two days ago but haven't heard anything . . . . hence this post.

I've also got a phone call into the membership chair at the Shirley club but have not heard back from him either.

Have I entered the realm of persona non grata? Hope not.

Thank you all . . .

Brad

1) I read on the club's web page that the members have voted to 'cap' membership. Has that cap been reached? Does the 'membership year' still begin in March?
2) Other than no .50BMG, is mild steel core 7.62x54r (Mosin Nagant surplus fodder) ok to use on the rifle range?
3) What are "hours of operation" of the club? Something like 8am to dusk?
4) Other clubs have a "no outdoor shooting until 1pm on Sunday" rule. Anything like this at Shirley?
5) Is membership in GOAL, SAF, NRA, or similar "required" for membership? FWIW, I maintain a GOAL membership. I am considering Comm2a, SAF, and maybe JPFO.

Thank you . . . .

Brad

1) The cap has not been reached. As of the last meeting, we have room for 18 more members. If more than 18 show up at the next meeting, everyone there will be accepted.

2) Yes. Any caliber except for .50BMG is ok.

3) I know the range should be cold by dusk, but I'm not sure exactly how early it's allowed to go hot. I'm usually there no earlier than 9am, but it could very well be ok to shoot at 8am.

4) There's nothing like this listed in rules.

5) No, however I will always suggest you support Comm2A and continue your GOAL membership.

The next meeting is on the 11th, maybe I'll see you there.

Back
Top Bottom