EDC - where do you put all this stuff??

Why are you people talking about tourniquets? I have an office job - I use a pocket knife to slice an apple in the morning; might need a flashlight when I drop my keys when I'm getting home; and maybe pepper spray might come in handy on the bus or the T. I don't need a tourniquet [laugh]

I'm a firm believer that if you have the tools and skills to make holes, you should have the tools and skills to plug them up. I make my own IFAK's in vacuum seal bags and cycle them out every couple of months when they break down - 3" roll gauze, a 5x9 gauze pad, 3' of duct tape wrapped around an old Dunkin's gift card, 2 pair of exam gloves and either a SWAT-T or a TK-4 type depending on availability. YMMV.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm guilty of too much sh!t in my pockets, but general EDC loadout is:

Wallet left rear
IWB @ 4 o'clock-ish
extra mag left front in a SnagMag
flashlight (either a Foursevens 2-AA or Fenix 1-AA) right front
folding knife (95% of the time it's a Benchmade Triage) right front
Leatherman Crunch on belt @ 10 o'clock or cargo pocket on right
pocket IFAK in right or left cargo pocket, as applicable.

....who would be waving a gun around at an accident scene? [rolleyes]

That whistling sound you heard? That was my point sailing over your head. The likelihood of dealing with a gunshot is minuscule compared to that of dealing with a MV accident. Also, the guy who carries a pistol on their belt, then wants to use that belt as a tourniquet will be the one waving his gun around at an accident scene.

wallet left front, i have a caribeaner key chain that has my keys on it clipped to one of my belt loops on the left it can double as a punching weapon if needed, right front pocket I have my phone and a folding knife I will be eventually carrying a full size M&P just haven't found a holster I like yet

RF pocket: SAK, Lighter, Chapstick AA Inova*
LF Pocket: Cell Phone
RR Pocket: Wallet 2xAAA Flashlight*
Flashlight changes depending on attire the Inova is not noticeable but has been less than reliable recently, the 2xAAA from amazon isn't 400 lumens but it works for most everything. keys are in my hands, hanging on my key rack or on my desk, I also carry a day pack with me most of the time but there are time is will stay in the truck

Usually...

Sig 229 or 1911 at 4:00
iPhone on Otter Box belt clip - 9:00
EDC knife on clip - front right pocket
wallet and spare mag - back left pocket. Money clip with cash - front left pocket - only cash in the wallet is emergency 3- 100 bills hidden behind ltc.
back right pocket - sometimes a flashlight - but not usually - the iPhone has a flashlight and I have two in the truck.

Keys on an awesome paracord key fob that I won in a karma from CRSIII - clipped to belt loop and tucked into front pocket.
attachment.php

Reality sets in after awhile and you start carrying 500 pounds of crap and eventually dump 80% of it when you realize you'll probably never use it. Put the shit in a murse and have it nearby is the best you can do (or more than one, in car, at work desk, etc) everything else is too obnoxious to keep up with. If I have a jacket during the winter most extra I have is a flashlight, spare mag, maybe a can of OC.

-Mike

drgrant; Reality sets in after awhile and you start carrying 500 pounds of crap and eventually dump 80% of it when you realize you'll probably never use it. Put the shit in a murse and have it nearby is the best you can do (or more than one said:
Yes! The reality is you can not possibly carry everything you might need for every possible situation, especially a SHTF scenario. I always have a knife, Fenix flashlight, usually a 938, sometimes a spare mag on me but always in my car and a bunch of other stuff in my car like an IFAK, rope, spare jacket, small amount of food, etc... I'm on the road most days of the week and need to be as reasonable prepared to get my ass home if the Sh!t does indeed hit the fan

Last edited:
This is everything I carry daily (minus the phone). Will add a wallet sized IFAK at some point. Figure you carry a gun, you should at least have the bare minimum medically should an accident occur.

20151025_183057.jpg

In the end, it is not much of a task to carry it.

Last edited:
I want to carry my bug out bag everywhere I go. But I don't. I made up a tactical emergency get home bag with all kinds of cool shite in it , but stripped it out to use it for dog shite ( bagged ) between appropriate places to dump it.

I eventually weeded out most of the essential EOTW gear and now carry a knife, wallet , set of keys , and often , but not always , a commander sized 1911 in a Crossbreed holster. I keep a flashlight in the car , very rare I want it at 730am , but it's there if I do.

This weekend I disassembled my Bug out bag , turned all the contents into kits , and left them unpacked in a crate , next to the ( too many ) day/assault/medium/large/.mil/civilian pack packs I own. It makes more sense to choose the gear/toys I want and then pick the right pack to carry it in.

And of course that led me back to needing to pack a ReadyTacticoolEverything bag ready to go in case of Something Bad ....

And I've decided to buy a cold Steel tomahawk. I totally need one for ... I dunno , but I do.

Reality sets in after awhile and you start carrying 500 pounds of crap and eventually dump 80% of it when you realize you'll probably never use it. Put the shit in a murse and have it nearby is the best you can do (or more than one, in car, at work desk, etc) everything else is too obnoxious to keep up with. If I have a jacket during the winter most extra I have is a flashlight, spare mag, maybe a can of OC.

-Mike

Pretty much everything I carry I end up using once a month or so, except for the mace and handgun...

I appendix carry a Kahr pm9, and also appendix carry an Emerson CQC. Phone rides in the front right pocket and money clip/wallet rides in the left pocket. I don't always carry an extra mag (and know that I should), but when I do it rides in the watch pocket of my jeans. I almost always wear regular jeans, both to work, and on weekends.

Carrying a good flashlight is definitely wise, but I don't usually bother because I don't have one that is small and powerful. I'm looking to get one in the future though.

This is everything I carry daily (minus the phone). Will add a wallet sized IFAK at some point. Figure you carry a gun, you should at least have the bare minimum medically should an accident occur.

20151025_183057.jpg

In the end, it is not much of a task to carry it.

What's the flashlight? I carry a Streamlight Stylus Pro, which has come in very handy on a lot of occasions, but could always be a bit smaller.

I usually wear Carhartt pants or cargo shorts. Keys and chapstick in my front left pocket, Spyderco clipped to my front left pocket, gun in front right pocket, wallet in rear right, phone in my right leg cargo pocket or ruler pocket and spare mag in my left leg cargo pocket or ruler pocket. I hate "belt gear".

Daily is jeans.
Front left, iPhone
Front right, thin wallet, Surefire G2X (to be upgraded soon), Gerber knife clipped.
Car keys get tossed between my back pockets or my radio's antenna.

ETA: I use the flashlight like everyday for random shit I do anyways. I work at a university so I'm disarmed daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Pistol, extra mags, fixed blade, phone on belt. Flashlight and small multitool in left pocket. Keys with small OC in right pocket. If I'm wearing cargo pants/shorts then wallet and tourniquet in the left and right cargo pockets, if not then they go in the back pockets.

G43 IWB, spare mag, small flash light, keys, cell phone, my EDC bag in the truck.
Thats been my summer carry system. I will be rotating the 19 for the 43 for the winter.

Phone FR, keys FL, wallet RR, Grizzly Mint RL.

Sometimes a knife clipped inside the FL pocket.

G26 at 3:30 in a CompTac.

I hate carrying crap.

iPhone for work on belt, personal phone left front with wallet. Car key, pocket knife (Either a Vic Hiker or a new Rough Rider "Camp") and Fenix E12 right front, rest of my keys clipped to a belt loop and slipped into my back right pocket. Once I can get my permit (NY sucks, and moving to PA next month) that will be on my belt or in my right front pocket which means the other crap will need to find a new home.

Knife, lighter, keys from right pocket. Phone and smokes in front left. Wallet right rear. Shield IWB at 3:30/4. Spare mag and flashlight go back left, only when necessary in summer time and they find the left jacket pocket most of the time in fall/winter. Flashlight usually only comes along when I know I will be out after dark. Have been very pleased with the function and output of the Vizeri 230, which is an Amazon special LED light, very affordable. It's a bit bulky for edc but not by much, it's got similar dimensions to 2 C batteries stacked length wise. I actually misplaced it 2 days ago and it's driving me nuts!

For those that want to travel light ditch your knife for a multitool. Probably a bit heavier, but takes up about as much pocket space and is way more functional than a dedicated blade.

Back
Top Bottom