• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EDC What's your go to ?

20161223_000938_zps99gmksfb.jpg

Either:

Full Custom Government in .45acp in Aliengear Cloaktuck 3.0

or

Full Custom Lightweight Officer in .45acp in an Aliengear Cloaktuck 3.0

Spare mag in a horizontal mag pouch in-line with belt.

Mcusta Tactility

Bushnell light.

Last edited:
Rotation based on my mood/attire...

Shield 9
Shield 45
Sig P320 Carry
Springfield XDS 9

and I have a LCP II that might go into service for Summer Carry, or maybe an ankle holster.

Never understood the variety of guns when carrying. A lot of guys here are carrying all different manual of arms, triggers and grip angles etc...

At the range its whatever but when it counts I'd want to be as familiar as possible.

Never understood the variety of guns when carrying. A lot of guys here are carrying all different manual of arms, triggers and grip angles etc...

At the range its whatever but when it counts I'd want to be as familiar as possible.

Practice practice practice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LC9s in one of two belt slide OWNs, one for a Beretta 92 and one for a 1911. Surprisingly, these holsters work well and hold tight, who woulda thunk.
The LC9s was SUPPOSED to be my hot weather gun, but I like it so much and shoot it so well that I don't even bother with my larger guns.

I have 3 I go to mostly depending on attire. Generally almost always my G26 in a Crossbreed w/ preban mag and newly added +3 extension for 14 rounds, CZ P01 NSN in a Crossbreed or my Sphinx Alpha SDP Compact in a Haley Strategic INCOG...
IIRC the G26 came out in 1995, so there are no pre ban magazines for it.
My EDC Gen4 G26 in a Concealment Express holster.
Screenshot 2017-01-02 at 8.32.03 PM.jpg

LOL, Thats what I am saying... I compete with my carry gun.. well over 10k rounds a year. Some guys here have like 6 guns they carry, all different makes models.. doesn't seem ideal.
Not every situation lets you practically conceal a large double stack gun. Sometimes you need something smaller. As long as you practice enough with both you'll be fine.

IIRC the G26 came out in 1995, so there are no pre ban magazines for it.
My EDC Gen4 G26 in a Concealment Express holster.
View attachment 186769
Glock 26 was produced in Aug 1994 which is why preban mags (although very scarce) do exist. You'll see that the preban G19 and preban G26 have the 9mm stamped in the same location while the G17 mag on the right is stamped higher as all other postban mags are stamped.
e696b9bc76845cfa3e3c09acff25dd33.jpg

b910c01ed05130e14e161d31b3655e0a.jpg

7c0bc88d2e1ddf6a220b7482752b88b6.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

THIS!! Couldn't agree more! I mean guns are awesome and I understand owning a bunch, but I'll never understand having so many different carry guns. As for me Glock 19 everyday. On the very rare occasion it's too big, I carry my shield, but they both have the same apex triggers and the same hackathorn sights so they are very similar.

Not every situation lets you practically conceal a large double stack gun. Sometimes you need something smaller. As long as you practice enough with both you'll be fine.

It's not ideal. In a perfect world I'd have the same gun on me all the time. I switch between pocket carry and iwb @ 4 o'clock. To be honest, my nightmare scenario is to mistakenly reach back to 4 o'clock to find nothing there because it's in my pocket. Not so much the different gun that bothers me, it's the fact that depending on the situation, it's in two different spots.

It's not ideal. In a perfect world I'd have the same gun on me all the time. I switch between pocket carry and iwb @ 4 o'clock. To be honest, my nightmare scenario is to mistakenly reach back to 4 o'clock to find nothing there because it's in my pocket. Not so much the different gun that bothers me, it's the fact that depending on the situation, it's in two different spots.
Oh I totally understand that, I would much rather be carrying my Beretta all day. To keep it consistent I usually carry in the same spot for all my guns. Maybe it's just me but I'm still very aware of the placement of my firearms even if it's somewhere new.

For me its a Glock 19 AIWB or 4:00 position. If thats not small enough for the occasion, its a Ruger LCRx AIWB or in the pocket. When its not on my person, such as when Im at work or sometimes hiking with the dog, either one may be in the concealment pocket of my MOAB 6. At work the MOAB is by my feet when Im at my desk, or the bag is locked in my desk.

Shield or Sig P226. Depending on the season.

Looking to replace the P226 with a P320 compact when the funds are available.

Oh I totally understand that, I would much rather be carrying my Beretta all day. To keep it consistent I usually carry in the same spot for all my guns. Maybe it's just me but I'm still very aware of the placement of my firearms even if it's somewhere new.

Not saying you can't carry something smaller.. What I am saying is manual of arms, grips angle, and sights etc....I would want to be the same on all my carry/competition/duty guns. IE I compete with a 1911.. so I'm not gonna carry a DA/SA decocker pistol. Im gonna carry a smaller lighter 1911.

Just pointing out to guys on here if your serious about CC then you should at least keep the manual of arms and grip angle the same.. even same sights. When guys always have a different rig on I feel like its more like a fashion accessory for them.. that's what watches are for [wink]

Let's start the new year right !
Post up a picture of your go to, the one you never leave home without, your daily carry !

Edit: forgot to post mine

0a80d99fc16c93b427f6c58e4047ec6f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sig 220.

i never want to point a gun at another person, but if i do it will be a serious situation and if i have to shoot someone it will be with a big goddamn bullet...

Last edited:
sig 220.

i never want to point a gun at another person, but if i do it will be a serious situation and if i have to shoot someone it will be with a big goddamn bullet...

The very first handgun I bought was a 220, but for me trying to carry it was a joke. It felt like there was a small child hanging onto my belt. Concealed carry was not happening! Loved the gun though and still regret parting with it.

Back
Top Bottom