EDC! Show Us Yours!

Come on now don't be disrespectful.

What you have there is formal dress variation on the uniform of the suburban yuppie patriot.
If you were to pan up to the chest you would see where he has been honored by his commander with the pinning on of certificates of deposit.

Below you can see the utility uniform in combat loadout.

4acg02Ml.png

🐯

I just added 2 new knives to my EDC rotation... Both from some very nice folks here at NES... Thanks Guys.

BUCK Nobleman, in BOS Heat Treated 420 HC, Titanium-coated 2 5/8-inch blade

1608340205279.png

And a Kershaw Leek in Sandvik 14C28N, black-oxide Black-Wash finish, w/ 3-inch blade...

1608340439740.png

This show's the Leek's color tone much better...

1608340618004.png

I just added 2 new knives to my EDC rotation... Both from some very nice folks here at NES... Thanks Guys.

BUCK Nobleman, in BOS Heat Treated 420 HC, Titanium-coated 2 5/8-inch blade

View attachment 424651

And a Kershaw Leek in Sandvik 14C28N, black-oxide Black-Wash finish, w/ 3-inch blade...

View attachment 424652

This show's the Leek's color tone much better...

View attachment 424658
What’s that slotted screw hole on the end of the Kershaw?

What’s that slotted screw hole on the end of the Kershaw?
locks the blade down so it won't "auto-flip" itself in the pocket...

Almost seems superfluous though, the detent is excellent...

I had a smaller knife. No real name I liked. I got this buck at Tractor Supply. I was carrying a SP101 but switched to my LC9S. And this knife is EDC.

Attachments

• F71F2184-AB17-4B16-ACCA-11E18065125E.jpeg
    F71F2184-AB17-4B16-ACCA-11E18065125E.jpeg
    405.3 KB · Views: 18
I always carry my Kershaws tip up so my pocket keeps it closed. The one gripe I have with my CRKT edc is that it can't be switched to tip up.
Yeah, I have a few Kershaw's that are fixed position pocket clips and they are almost all exclusively Tip-Down / Right-Hand.
I've never have one open in the pocket, but it is possible.

Luckily Kershaw's detent and geometry is very positive.

Also, I've found (for me) that blades longer than 3.75 inches and configured for Tip-Up carry; requires a re-grip of the knife to get it to an "opening" grip position.

There is also "palm forward / palm backwards" draw styles that I change up depending on my EDC Du Jour...

~Enbloc

Last edited:
I can’t do tip down. The last time I tried it the blade opened on the edge of my pocket on the way in. It’s also more awkward for me to deploy.

I can’t do tip down. The last time I tried it the blade opened on the edge of my pocket on the way in. It’s also more awkward for me to deploy.
Yeah, it really is such a preference thing and unique to each user. No right, No wrong, Only what's best for you...

I guess in theory deployment on a large knife should be easier. Maybe I just need to get used to it.
Knife deployment grip in the pocket is very different from user to user.

Some run their thumb in the pocket and their index finger along the knife (but on the outside of the pocket) pinch and pull upwards, then rotate their grip slightly and begin the opening movements. This also works best with deep-carry clips.

With larger pocket knives, I've found it much easier (for me) to forward sweep the web of the hand (between the thumb and index finger) while wrapping the thumb
around the body of the knife and drawing upward and forward. The grip naturally rotates on the knife and the opening movements are very fluid because no re-griping is required.
This works best on knives with a shallower pocket clip and with a half to 3/4 of an inch exposure.

I was sneering at the womenfolk who all came unprepared, though there were small children around and therefore many gifts requiring zip ties and plastic packages to be opened. Every single man around had a pocket knife.
Haha I got my stepmom a mini-bugout in orange. I made my son wait to play with his gifts until she opened it so she could use it on the packaging.

Back
Top Bottom