EDC! Show Us Yours!

I keep coming back to these two blades (combo). I have more expensive knives, it's just that these are reliable workhorses...
LfBpnJvl.jpg

The knife is just a Kershaw Cryo ($36 on Amazon), but I thought people here might be interested in the grips. I liked the size and the way the blade's assisted opener protrusion acts as a guard, but with dry winter hands the smooth handle was too slippery for my liking so I wasn't carrying it. Then I remembered I had part of a sheet of Talon Grips stick-on grip material. Now I love how it feels and handles. The rubber grip material isn't so soft that it drags against the fabric in my pocket, but it adds plenty of traction for my hand.

Those with a sharp eye will also notice I relocated the holes for the clip so it rides lower in my pocket. The handle has a lanyard hole right where I wanted a threaded hole so I had to JB Weld in a steel plug. The handle material apparently is spring steel. For the other hole I wrecked 2 drill bits before giving up and using a carbide bit.

Kershaw%20Cryo_zps366yxaya.jpg

Sharp eye! My father in-law gave me one years ago and I lost it so I replaced it with a larger version. I'm still not handy with it but he can open a can faster with one than I can with the one in my kitchen.

Nice and pointy... [smile]

Always liked the Wharncliffe blades.

Last edited:
My Kershaw EDC (Blackout or Whirlwind) are now discontinued and prices are going through the roof. What used to be $39 bucks; are now on Ebay and Amazon for $179-$199. Gross.
Luckily I bought a spare for both back when they were cheap, and available.

If you like something, buy a spare...or two. It will pay off.

~Matt

One or both of these. The TL-29 is my favorite. I removed the screwdriver blade and did some file work. Camillus made a great knife in 1095. The Queen teardrop is D2 and is very durable but won't take as fine an edge as the grain kinda flakes as at a certain point of sharpness.2D824CCD-C9C7-40A0-A713-16A5E0690F97.jpeg B9A8318A-05B9-4A98-9661-C624F01CD359.jpeg 1D899155-469F-49F8-9515-BEB7E3238640.jpeg

My Kershaw EDC (Blackout or Whirlwind) are now discontinued and prices are going through the roof. What used to be $39 bucks; are now on Ebay and Amazon for $179-$199. Gross.
Luckily I bought a spare for both back when they were cheap, and available.

If you like something, buy a spare...or two. It will pay off.

~Matt
Amen to this.
I lost what I've decided is my fav edc knife (spyderco lil matriarch) for a few weeks last summer. Tried to replace it and found out it was discontinued in 2015. $70 knife. Found ONE on eBay for $199. Ughh. Fortunately I eventually found mine under the seat of the work truck.

Lol. Trucks eat knives...
Especially bench-seat trucks, which are no different than couches...

So my CRKT CEO finally showed up today! All the reviews about it being tough to open and needing two hands really had me worried. It also shipped in the most bizarre way ever. Open with a tiny plastic sheath over the tip, in a toothbrush type package. But it was near impossible to open! You're sitting here tearing at this package with an open knife inside!20190409_185752.jpg 20190409_185743.jpg All that aside the knife opens like a damn assisted switch blade one handed. Could be a bit sharper though.

Last edited:
So my CRKT CEO finally showed up today! All the reviews about it being tough to open and needing two hands really had me worried. It also shipped in the most bizarre way ever. Open with a tiny plastic sheath over the tip, in a toothbrush type package. But it was near impossible to open! You're sitting here tearing at this package with an open knife inside!View attachment 279023 View attachment 279024 All that aside the knife opens like a damn assisted switch blade one handed. Could be a bit sharper though.

I like it! I just went and watched a video review of it. That thing definitely springs into action quick huh? ;)

After rotating through my old reliable Benchmade 940, a ZT 0450 (a knife I can't really find any fault with), a Chris Reeve Lg Sebenza, a Spyderco Spydiechef (absolutely fantastic knife) and the TRM Neutron, the TRM Atom has risen to the top as my go-to EDC favorite, no question.

I rewarded it by swapping out the textured blue CF scales for smooth black. The picture doesn't do it justice:

1589850148117.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom