• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EDC! Show Us Yours!

That’s the problem with these threads, you come in just to kill a minute, then you wake up 3 days later all groggy, in a pile of torn apart shipping materials and cut up credit cards...
Stick around, and enbloc will have you doing the same thing!:D

Not necessarily EDC, but new work EDC. Great quality in my opinion for price. Has window punch and seatbelt cutter. Feels great. Probably a little to long for true EDC.

Attachments

• DD83E9D9-8EEF-479A-9A00-91A25D135B52.jpeg
    DD83E9D9-8EEF-479A-9A00-91A25D135B52.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 0D667099-8589-4FBB-8E78-20B8D9820F1D.jpeg
    0D667099-8589-4FBB-8E78-20B8D9820F1D.jpeg
    171.1 KB · Views: 58
  • 6146F3CF-96A9-4647-A2E6-901A3DFF2E3C.jpeg
    6146F3CF-96A9-4647-A2E6-901A3DFF2E3C.jpeg
    179.3 KB · Views: 56
I like Crickets. I always use a little 242 Loctite (Blue) on the screws, especially the clip screws. I've found they have a tendency to loosen and drop out after a while.
~Matt

Good to know Matt, Thank You for the heads up. For some reason this knife really appeals to me, I know it’s a cheap piece but the color combo and the different serrations make me like it a lot, it will be carried and used excessively.

Good to know Matt, Thank You for the heads up. For some reason this knife really appeals to me, I know it’s a cheap piece but the color combo and the different serrations make me like it a lot, it will be carried and used excessively.

A price tag does not a knife make.

I am also not one for serrations normally, but have to admit the way those are ground with a bit of angle to them seems to just fit. Kind of ties the room together.

SOG Zoom (ZM1016-BX) arrived today.

The contoured black anodized aluminium grips over stainless inserts fit big hands very comfortable.

For scale that is a 5" barreled 1911, so yeah it is a pretty big folder (8.3").

I never used the lockout feature on my old SOG Twitch XL and probably will not on this knife, but some folks might be inclined to as the assist takes very little effort to trigger before the spring opens it lightening fast. The lockout is a small mechanical toggle switch behind the grip above where you see the little padlock pictographs that reference it.

Button release for closure is easy to use and works well.

5b5lRha.jpg

:emoji_tiger:

Not an edc but an unusual item. Made of metal but looks like a pen. You push the clip and the pointed blade springs out. I've had it so long I forget where I picked it up. I'm not sure if it's legal in MA.

Attachments

• pen knife 2.jpg
    pen knife 2.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 33
  • pen knife 1.jpg
    pen knife 1.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 36
  • pen knife 3.jpg
    pen knife 3.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 34
  • pen knife 4.jpg
    pen knife 4.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 37
  • pen knife 5.jpg
    pen knife 5.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
Not an edc but an unusual item. Made of metal but looks like a pen. You push the clip and the pointed blade springs out. I've had it so long I forget where I picked it up. I'm not sure if it's legal in MA.

My guess is it would fall under the category of legal to own but not to carry.

:emoji_dagger::emoji_tiger::emoji_dagger:

F32CDD59-8E03-4C69-9398-9BB72D8741AC.jpeg 1800EB7E-6920-4E49-AA41-6E7604DB546D.jpeg Not quite an EDC but a more than part time carry and it’s more useful for small tasks than I can even explain. The Swiss Army Huntsman. I’ve had the black model for a while and after using the other night opening up some beer bottles I got to thinking how much I use the knife and me being a 1 is none type of addict with guns and knives I snagged the same knife but in Red. Love love this little tool, I highly recommend it. It’s not good for hard use like my multi tools but damn it’s handy for so many small tasks. Get one or two you won’t regret it, easily the best $35 I’ve spent in awhile.

View attachment 265564 View attachment 265565 Not quite an EDC but a more than part time carry and it’s more useful for small tasks than I can even explain. The Swiss Army Huntsman. I’ve had the black model for a while and after using the other night opening up some beer bottles I got to thinking how much I use the knife and me being a 1 is none type of addict with guns and knives I snagged the same knife but in Red. Love love this little tool, I highly recommend it. It’s not good for hard use like my multi tools but damn it’s handy for so many small tasks. Get one or two you won’t regret it, easily the best $35 I’ve spent in awhile.
Yup. Ive had a huntsman for prob 30 years. Haven't touched it in a while, but I always thought it was the perfect size/just right amount of tools.

Back
Top Bottom