EDC! Show Us Yours!

Quote:Al-Jim
I started carrying one of those the other day. I carry it left of my belt buckle, horizontally with the grip angled slightly upward. I added a snap soft loop because the factory belt attachment doesn’t fit gun belts.
<quote>
Horizontal, right of the buckle for me with a bolted on plastic clip...as you're right. The stock clip is useless.
Give it a good stropping and watch it come to life. I amazed one of my friends on some heavy rope one day - buttah.
-good little rig for under 30 beans

My William Henry pocket knives bought back when the prices weren't crazy. Haven't put them into the EDC rotation in a while, but might soon. The one with the carbon fiber handle/scales is crazy light. All open smooth as glass/silk. I would occasionally blow out the lint bunnies and add a tiny drop of good oil to the pivot mechanism. Otherwise, never did much of anything to them.
IMG_20180223_172004.jpg

I also typically have at least one Leatherman in any pack I carry. This is the first one I bought back in the mid-90's.
IMG_20180223_172013.jpg

I have a couple more that I include in that rotation. I might post those up later. One is one of the original Skeletool models (carbon fiber scales/handle) and the other is the Charge Ti.

BTW, I really like lighter pocket knives for EDC. By light, I mean under 3oz.

Am I the only one with a classic?

View attachment 223017
Probably... I haven't had/carried/used a lockback blade in well over 20 years. Once I started making knives myself, I wouldn't settle on the blade steel. Luckily, these days, enough (high production) makers are using higher quality steel that's treated correctly (for the task).

Am I the only one with a classic?

Nope. I got a nice Buck 110 folding hunter. Most Bucks are American Made, and I like that!

american-flag-gif-13.gif

Last edited:
upload_2018-2-23_21-4-41.png

upload_2018-2-23_21-4-56.png

My old Benchmade from work, also my EDC. It's seen a lot of use here and over there. I've cold blued it in places where the factory coating wore off, probably time to do it again as it's wearing through in spots. The blade is 100% clean here so you can see the blued parts especially on the drivers side towards the tip. Sharp sumbitch and it gets the job done.

They've given me two newer Benchmades since, plastic grips and a different blade, but I sold both of them on here after they sat in my locker and desk for a while.

I really like this one.

Last edited:
this was my EDC back in the eighties, not sure if I should leave it original or polish it. The engraving was done by Dave Perewitz after he did the wheels on my bike:

View attachment 223075

Maybe not an aggressive polish at first. Brasso worked on my Class A buttons and buckle. Maybe give that a try on the edge, away from the engraving.
If no issues, move to the detail work.
I met Perewitz a couple of times when I worked at the Freedom Center H-D in Billerica many years ago. I like the work he did on your Buck.
~Matt

I've EDC'd the same knife for 12 years and haven't lost it yet. It would have been longer but I switched out the Buck 110 for it.
Also EDC'd a j-frame since 1998 and haven't lost that yet either. :D

Some of the pocket knives I have are ones I bought around 2000/2001. The only reason they're not in the current rotation is I've found others that I really like and they took over the coveted position.

Some of the pocket knives I have are ones I bought around 2000/2001. The only reason they're not in the current rotation is I've found others that I really like and they took over the coveted position.
hell, I do that all the time. [wink] find something new and it becomes my new favorite. I always go back to the delica though, in my opinion one of the best pocket folders made. (I prefer the saber grind version) other opinions my vary. sometime in my photo journey i'll post a photo of a spyderco I couldn't wait to be released. I pre-orded, waited several months and...I hate the damn thing.
don't we do the same thing with guns, honestly? something new always comes along and.....you know the rest.

here's my old schools. I call old school anything that opens with a nail nick. buck 110. bought a couple of these new here off the classified section a few years ago. lets just say they were a steal. this one has never been used, don't know why, I just never warmed to it. I gave the other to a friend. next, a schrade lb5. this is my first big boy knife bought early 80's. next an unknown, but when sharp!! my letter opener. then an interesting slip joint. came in a gift box of Remington .22 ammo circa late 80's? only markings are "japan" and "umc." i correct myself, took a glass to the stampings and surprise, it says "made in u.s.a."
have no clue who made it or what the steel composition is. you can see how tarnished the blade has become. this is carried daily in the watch pocket of my jeans. lastly, a buck classic. I guess these were made as a presentation gift knife. the blade is higly polished so I couldn't take the photo with the blade deployed. the state trap association gave this to me as a memento of having the high doubles average in the state one year in the distant past. if you all are not bored yet i'll continue with the photos later, hope you will share pics of your collections, and maybe gadgets you edc also, no?

20180224_121758 (2).jpg

Last edited:
do I spy a broken tip on that cricket?? shame, shame on you. [laugh] nobody can do a serrated edge on a knife like spyderco! is that a spyderco byrd on the right end?
Yup. Lol. As a contractor, I have a bad habit of using my knives for things they weren’t meant for. You can see drywall residue on some of the others. Thats why they end up in the drawer.
I’ll post some of my nice stuff later. ;)

Back
Top Bottom