1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

EDC recommendations?

Discussion in 'Knives' started by NickLeduc, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Newtron

Newtron NES Member

If it’s mainly for a defensive situation, look at the spyderco Matriarch. The blade is a little longer than you want, but it looks like a nice little slasher if you need it for defense.

Aaron[MA] likes this.

2. bluedog-46

bluedog-46

I carry a $20 kershaw compound and never had an issue. There are nicer knives out there, but if i lose this its not a great loss. Many friends like zero tolerance and benchmade, but i would flip if i lost a knife that costs what some of them do.

MuzzleDiscipline and enbloc like this.
  3. enbloc

enbloc NES Life Member NES Member

Value-priced knives have a place in life... a big place.

MuzzleDiscipline likes this.
  4. Viper22

Viper22 NES Member

Been carrying a $18 Victorinox Recruit for the past month. I've grown to appreciate the utility of having the few extra tools on board. Granted, the main knife blade isn't nearly as stout as many blades out there, but as long as you don't push it past the point of thinking "I probably shouldn't use it this way" - you'll be fine.

I'm sure I'll come across a situation where I would rather have my full size Griptilian...

enbloc likes this.
  5. Soundwave

Soundwave

I love my Spyderco Centofante 3. Certainly not a heavy duty work knife but it's done everything I need it to over the last few years. As far as for defensive purposes I'm sure there are better. This thing carries cuts anything and while not as important looks interesting and isn't what everyone else is carrying. I have a CRKT CEO on order to possible lighten my workday carry.

Attached Files:

enbloc, Dan-o and Aaron[MA] like this.
  6. jkelly1229

jkelly1229

Right lol, if people were getting stopped for this the amount of outrage on this forum would be sjwesque

enbloc likes this.
  7. Aaron[MA]

Aaron[MA] NES Member

Really though, Spyderco or GTFO.