• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EDC Magazine Rust

BREWINZ

NES Member
I've really never had a problem with this before, as I work in an office, but after a few weeks of working outside in crazy humidity it looks like my EDC mags need some TLC. I should have used a silicone wipe on them or something, but I never claimed to be bright. How could a moron such as myself fix this without changing the dimensions or interfering with the free drop of the mag? Rust remover soak? Any advice? Yes, they're cheap enough to replace, but what's the fun in that?

8nUvCQu.jpg

Evaporust is excellent.

So is 0000 steel wool with some oil.

Once you get the rust off, look into getting a Rig Rag
Evapo-Rust can either be soak x 12 hours or use a sonic cleaner with it as the liquid. Manufacturer says it is reusable until it looks cloudy/junky.

Evaporust is excellent.

So is 0000 steel wool with some oil.

Once you get the rust off, look into getting a Rig Rag
Evaporust is awesome.

Rebluing and all that junk is a lot of work for a mag. The Evaporust will probably cost about what a new mag costs.

I would buy a new one. Oil that one a little and use it when you practice.

Evaporust worked really well. I even took some surface rust of some old enbloc clips with what I had left over. After Evaporust, I wiped them with a Rig Rag. Good as new.

ADCfrzA.jpg

WIE3A7H.jpg
You probably know, but I'll say it for others who don't...
Pour that used liquid into a nice strong plastic bottle. (I use a well-rinsed out laundry detergent bottle marked USED E-R)
You can get many, many more uses out of it... [smile]

P.S. When it gets REAL DARK use it as a pre-soak...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom