EDC Glocks or ?

Need the NES's opinion on carry Glock or P 365 specifically. Have a 26 and 42. No doubt the 26 is the best EDC I've fired. The 42, love the gun, too small of a grip for my hand, shoots flawlessly. So, I was thinking the 43 or 43X.
Does the extra height of the 43X make a big difference? Does the thinner frame make up for it?

Is the 43 that much more recoil? Do you believe that the capacity is the major factor? If yes, this brings the P365 into the picture.
Side by side the 365 is the same size as the 42 but heavier which makes the 43 more comparable to the 365 being a 9MM.

I haven't handled a 43X but must be the same grip angle.

I wouldd like something easy to carry, like the 42, when I'm on the water in unfamiliar areas.

I use a grip sleeve on my G42, fits my hand better. The +2 extension feels great but conceals less well.

The P365 doesn't fit my hand quite as well cause the back of the grip is shorter, but i haven't tried a grip sleeve and there's no factory extended 10 round mag yet.

Why not stick with the G26? Not a huge size difference unless you really need to conceal it because people in the same boat will panic at the sight of it and jump overboard or something.

I use a grip sleeve on my G42, fits my hand better. The +2 extension feels great but conceals less well.

The P365 doesn't fit my hand quite as well cause the back of the grip is shorter, but i haven't tried a grip sleeve and there's no factory extended 10 round mag yet.

I spoke to sig just last week about this issue. I was told by sig customer service that there will not be a extended 10 round magazine to fix this issue and there will be no extended magazine release either. The advise from sig customer service was to choose a different gun, so I got a glock.

Last edited:
I have a 19, 26 and a 43x. I carry the 43x. I’ve put the 26 up for sale. The 43x is noticeably easier for me to conceal. The 43x has noticeably more recoil for me and I’ve got a nice little scar on the web of my hand between thumb and forefinger from it. The 43x is thin enough that it moves around in my grip, causing a blister at that location during extended shooting. I carry the 43x in an appendix holster (I also have hip holsters for it).

I also have a Glock 19 which is the easiest of the three to shoot, but harder to conceal.

There is no free lunch.

Edited to add: my hands have all the strength and calluses you would expect of a keyboard operator. If you do real work for a living, you probably won’t have the same problem with blisters.

Last edited:
The grip on a 43X is about the same length as a G19, but single stack.

My G26 requires a +2 plate to get any amount of hand on it, the 43X does not .. I get a much better grip on the 43X and with that that better grip comes muzzle control.

The size difference between a G26 and 43X WRT height and length is negligible, the width is where the 43X has the advantage if we are comparing apples to apples.... 10+1 capacity Glock polymer pistols. I just get a much better grip and feel on the 43X YMMV.

Where the compromise is made is the ability to use G17,G18, and G19 magazines in the G26, compared to the 43X where you are limited to spare 43x mags only. Many people, myself included would carry the G26 with the stock or a +2 magazine on our side, but have G19 or G17 magazines either stock or +2 in our pocket as spares. I found the stock G18 mags were not reliable in the G26, the extra 23 rounds hanging out the bottom were not held in place snugly by the short magwell, allowing the mag to rock a little and resulting in a FTF problem.

I have a 19, 26 and a 43x. I carry the 43x. I’ve put the 26 up for sale. The 43x is noticeably easier for me to conceal. The 43x has noticeably more recoil for me and I’ve got a nice little scar on the web of my hand between thumb and forefinger from it. The 43x is thin enough that it moves around in my grip, causing a blister at that location during extended shooting. I carry the 43x in an appendix holster (I also have hip holsters for it).

I also have a Glock 19 which is the easiest of the three to shoot, but harder to do conceal.

There is no free lunch.

Edited to add: my hands have all the strength and calluses you would expect of a keyboard operator. If you do real work for a living, you probably won’t have the same problem with blisters.

Have you tried a grip sleeve?

Have you tried a grip sleeve?

I have granular grip tape on it. I don’t want to significantly increase the circumference of the grip as the whole point of the gun is to be thin.

I have a similar experience with my Kahr K40 — the thin grip lets the gun move around more in my hand under recoil.

I have a 26, 42 and 43. The 26 is fine, the 42 with a Hogue is good as well, but the 43 with a Hogue is not much more snappy than a 42, about the same as a 26. Personal preference on concealability. I like the 43. My take.

I have had a 27 for 20 years, and I am starting to wish I got a 23 instead. I have the +1 baseplate on the mags, but I am still not satisfied with the fit - too small.

I carry the G19, and I carry the 365, or I have both. Depends on the day.

I am so done giving a fvck about worrying about printing while concealing. Literally pocket carry the 365.

99.9% of people are clueless. If you wear a fleece, suit jacket, windbreaker, etc, no one is going to see an IWB holstered G19.

The 365 is a chippier gun for recoil, but for it's size the non-MA version has a very manageable trigger.

I can't speak for the 43x. Not in my budget this year

I have had a 27 for 20 years, and I am starting to wish I got a 23 instead. I have the +1 baseplate on the mags, but I am still not satisfied with the fit - too small.
No complaints about the 27 other than a little chunky in the iwb. Plus its common knowledge the .40 is more badass than the 'ol 9mm.
Points very naturally for me, even with the flush no extended pinky mags.

I have granular grip tape on it. I don’t want to significantly increase the circumference of the grip as the whole point of the gun is to be thin.

I have a similar experience with my Kahr K40 — the thin grip lets the gun move around more in my hand under recoil.

Try one of the Hogue handall grips, the increase in width is not noticeable but it makes a big difference in feel.

Glock 43x FTW... very easy to conceal, full grip, get the one with the ameriglo night sites. They are very nice

If Sig drops the ball on 10 round extended mags for P365 (and XL), I may switch to a G43x, that fits my hand well without any extended mag. Glocks are not ever exciting but they just work.

Having never owning a sig, I like my 365.

It's replaced my 43 for deep concealed carry.

For times I don't care, my g23 all day.

But times to worry about printing, it's the 365 with the foxtrot light in a pocket holster.

Last edited:
If you like the 42, but dislike the grip, a 43x is a good choice. It's still slim, but the grip is that of a G19 more or less. Add a grip sleeve and you will probably be good to go.

The 365 was way too small for me when I tried it out.

If I had to ditch my shield for one, it would probably be the 43x.

Are you sure?
Almost everything prints to some extent.
More importantly, do you care if someone happens to notice?
I don't.
You got it, zero Fs given. I do carry single stack for weddings and such, but I can’t shoot a skinny grip gun as well as a double stack grip. Ymmv

I wear slightly baggy clothes which helps to an extent. The P365 is a great EDC gun. I have long fingers, but I’ve learned how to grip it.

You got it, zero Fs given. I do carry single stack for weddings and such, but I can’t shoot a skinny grip gun as well as a double stack grip. Ymmv
Same here.
Yeah, I shoot some better than others, but bottom line is, I always have something with me whenever possible.

Back
Top Bottom