• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EDC Glocks or ?

I usually carry a g19 and sometimes a model 65. I carry guns that I shoot well and that fit my hand well. I couldn't care less if it's completely concealed. I'm not a spy or an undercover cop so I don't give shit if someone might see part of my gun.
I normally do my best to conceal, but it's not a priority for me. Gun preference is number one.
I dont flaunt my wespons but when I'm in my woods gear hiking, climbing, camping, etc, I wear a duty belt with a canteen, Kabar, side arm, multitool, etc.,
I've encountered other hikers and bikers and campers and not once has anyone seemed the least concerned.
I say leave the mouse guns for the deep cover dudes and just carry a real gun.

Why not stick with the G26? Not a huge size difference unless you really need to conceal it because people in the same boat will panic at the sight of it and jump overboard or something.
I own and carry either the 43 or the 26 (also have a 19 that I carry in winter only cuz it's a cannon and trying to conceal it from the "EEEK.. A g-g-g-GUN!!!" wet your panties liberals is almost impossible unless you're walking around wearing a Bin Laden sheet.
But the 26 DEFINITELY carries heavier and more awkwardly and less concealed (etc) than the 43 (which I absolutely love, yet wouldn't wanna find myself in a life or death shootout with it unless I had a about seven or eight extra mags LOL).
It's difficult enough pocket or ankle carrying a 43, let alone the extra bulk of the 26, but given the option and if I could dress more "loosely" (can't cuz of work "uniform" etc), I'd carry the 26.... 10+1 is more reassuring than 6+1.
side note: Daughter and wife both carry the Ruger LC9s, and if I were not a "Glock guy" I'd carry that (Lc9s) cuz it carries awesome and less printing, etc. Love the thing and it shoots great also.

I am thinking about getting a 43x, just need to hold one. It looks like it could fulfill my wishes in wanting a longer grip than my 42. But i debate going back to buying a 26 for summer daily carry

I am thinking about getting a 43x, just need to hold one. It looks like it could fulfill my wishes in wanting a longer grip than my 42. But i debate going back to buying a 26 for summer daily carry

If you already have a Glock 26, why not use it? I just bought a 26, with a NIBX side, from a member here. Picking it up on Monday. Oops. Just reread and realize that you don't yet have the Glock 26.
Have you scheduled healy's frontal lobotomy yet?

Dude, just get a G19. Slap in a 15rd preban and you're good to go, just make sure it works reliably with your gun.

I am a smaller frame guy and I don't have an issue concealing a G19, aside from formal suit and tie attire. T shirt and jeans? No problem whatsoever. Even if you print a little, no one cares....literally zero people will notice unless you go shirtless and announce it with a megaphone.

I resisted answering with "gloooock" every time a "what should I get" question got asked but I give up. They make too much sense, especially a G19 with a 15rd mag, decent IWB holster, and proper belt.

Last edited:
43X FTMFW. So glad I didn’t jump on the 365 band wagon. So many I know seem disappointed now and are selling or safe queening them. 43X is a wee bit bigger but is just so right. G19 for winter carry and 43X summer.

Dude, just get a G19. Slap in a 17rd preban and you're good to go, just make sure it works reliably with your gun.

I am a smaller frame guy and I don't have an issue concealing a G19, aside from formal suit and tie attire. T shirt and jeans? No problem whatsoever. Even if you print a little, no one cares....literally zero people will notice unless you go shirtless and announce it with a megaphone.

I resisted answering with "gloooock" every time a "what should I get" question got asked but I give up. They make too much sense, especially a G19 with a 17rd mag, decent IWB holster, and proper belt.
If you're putting the 17 rounder in there, why not run the G17? The G19 has a 15 rd design capacity...

43X FTMFW. So glad I didn’t jump on the 365 band wagon. So many I know seem disappointed now and are selling or safe queening them. 43X is a wee bit bigger but is just so right. G19 for winter carry and 43X summer.

In the P365 threads everyone seems happy with theirs, what have you heard?

I sold my 365, and got a 43x, best decision. I did not like how the 365 felt in hand and I felt like it was to small

I'm waiting to see if the factory makes a 10 round extended mag (or 10 rounder for XL) The aftermarket choices aren't so good yet. My G42 with +1 extension feels a little better I'm hand but I like the Sig trigger better.

Back
Top Bottom