1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

EDC flashlight recommendations

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by Soundwave, Mar 11, 2019.

1. golden chicken

golden chicken

Sometimes the momentary tail switch on my flashlight gets depressed in my pocket when I'm sitting, which uses up the battery. It's nice to have the option but it's a disadvantage on a pocket light, imo.

2. CrossFaced

CrossFaced

This little light is amazing.

Rechargeable Mini LED Flashlight | MicroStream® USB

It’s lightweight, compact, bright and a full charge lasts a really long time. Clips onto your pocket or drop into your pocket. You won’t even know it’s there.Ironically I have mine sitting on my desk in front of me right now. I’ve been trying to kill it for 8 hrs to put a fresh charge in it... but it won’t die. Probably don’t need to do that but it’s something I do anyways.

Here it is compared to an iPhone with a case.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2019
    45collector likes this.
  3. 45collector

45collector NES Member

Oh cool I didn't know they made that in a rechargeable version. I have had my Microstream for about 8 years. I got the Stylus Pro a few years ago. The big 'ol clunky Inforce light at the top I've had for, I dunno, over a decade anyhow. That thing is tough as a tank, and as far as I can see, discontinued long ago. It looks just like their model 6VX but that model had a multi-functional tail switch (Hi, Low, Strobe, Lockout) where mine is just a twist-adjustable pressure switch. In fact I just saw that the 6VX is discontinued as well.

002.JPG

CrossFaced likes this.
  4. golden chicken

golden chicken

I saw the microstream on the Snap-on rape van this morning. It's a very portable size. The clip is nice. You can clip it to your pants or to the brim of your hat like a headlamp.

5. SpudRacer

SpudRacer NES Life Member NES Member

I have an UltraTac K18 which I run with a 10440 rechargeable lithium cell. At low and medium brightness settings, it's great for day to day use and on It's its high setting it's bright enough to use as a hand held light for low light conditions with a pistol (I use it for IDPA competition).

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XXZW951/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_ZOzICbQEBF0QY

6. RDG

RDG

Olight I3T EOS 180 Lumens Dual-Output Slim EDC Flashlight for Camping and Hiking, Tail Swith Flashlight with AAA Battery https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLRK7Q5/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_OqKICbJGHQJEB

I’ve been carrying one of these everyday for years and I use them daily for work.
    Most time I don’t need a huge flashlight so see something.

This guys small enough for EDC, big enough to get the job done plus it runs of “AAA” which my work supplies. Plus it’s cheap compared to others.

7. Soundwave

Soundwave

Well after two hours in the car my leg starts itching....the seatbelt must have clicked the button so my flashlight was burning up in my pocket and pretty much completely depleted the battery. Wtf

8. hoppscat

hoppscat

Does it have a lockout feature? I got a Klarus Mi7 recently for everyday carry. I like the extremely compact size to lumens (700) and versatile battery options (AA or 14500 Li-ion), but wish it had an end switch instead of a side switch as I discovered it on in my pocket a couple times prior to utilizing the lockout feature.

9. beaker

beaker NES Member

Olight Baton 2 rechargeable.

10. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

Home depot sells some cheap lights that are rugged and bright. Forget the brand but love the lights.

11. Fixxah

Fixxah NES Member

A friend gave me an Anker Bolder and a smaller one that both charge via usb. Didn't want to destroy either one at work so the Bolder is my go to home light.

12. Soundwave

Soundwave

I've got a couple of cheap no names around the house and I have Anker rechargeable that can also charge my cellphone in my car bag. I wanted to get something a little "higher end" and smaller. The Olight certainly puts out a lot of light and the length is great. Unfortunately it's still a little thick. I can get away with it on weekend but probably not during the week. I certainly don't wear skinny jeans but I don't know where people stuff all their ESC!?

13. Enzo

Enzo NES Member

I’ve got one of those too and had the same thing happen. What you do is turn the light on and unscrew the head until the light goes out then press the button to shutoff. Haven’t had the light go on accidentally since I started doing this.

14. nstassel

nstassel NES Member