EDC Change

That's a personal decision. Whatever you're comfy and proficient with. How does anyone else's opinion matter? YOU have to carry it.

I like my xds45. Some times you don't want to dress around the gun.

That's kinda my issue. It's getting harder to fit a double stack handgun iwb in pants that actually fit. How do you like the trigger? I shot a friends and it felt a bit heavy.

That's a personal decision. Whatever you're comfy and proficient with. How does anyone else's opinion matter? YOU have to carry it.

You're absolutely right. I'm just not that familiar with the gun and was wondering what how other people like it.

I had a xd40 i had bought when i lived in Texas and loved it. I liked it more than a glock but that is my personal opinion. I didnt like it enough to not sell it for alot more than i bought it for thanks to xd's commanding more money in MA though.

That is why i got a glock 42, because my 19 during summer was a hassle. And my 26 didnt offer as much of a difference from the 19,

The 42 is a dream to carry, but i am a faster accurate shooter with the 26 and 19 everything has a pro and con

No consideration for the shield? It's a nice gun. Lots of aftermarket options too if you want.

In before the shield/m&p haters "But you gotta do a trigger jobbbb"

I have a shield with an apex trigger. Haven't had any issues with it, I shoot it better than some of my fullsize guns and it's super slim.

There's a few similarly sized guns out there, try a few out. If slimmer will make you carry more, go slimmer. It's always nice to have options!

definitely don't.

i had a hard-on for the XD when i lived in MA, i think the allure was just the forbidden fruit thing. the line does nothing a glock does not, and i am happy to have gone with glocks.

For me there slightly smaller then glocks single stacks. More so compared to the 36.. I like my gf's 43 but I prefer the way the xds sits in my hand and how aggressive the grip is. It's like comparing red apples to green apples . Different flavor same thing . Buy what you shoot better.
I'm a xds fanboy but I also like glocks.

Overall, I love my Glocks. I have a few minor complaints, because nothing is perfect, but for the conversation of iwb carry, the issue I have is the width. I'm transitioning to appendix carry and the G19 works ok but it's not super comfortable. I feel like a single stack would be more manageable. I do realize that I'd be giving up magazine capacity, and I don't love that, but I carry an extra mag anyway.

I know I could go G43 but I was trying to put more thought into going with a single stack option especially considering how many quality options are out there. I didn't love the XDs45 trigger. The first shot was accurate, but I struggled to make good follow up shots. But, that's a .45 and we're talking 9mm.

In then end, you're right. I should carry what I shoot better. I may just have to experiment a little and see how it goes.

My EDC is an M&P Bodyguard .380. Love it. The thing practically disappears when carried iwb (appendix, pocket, or bend the hip). I use Underwood xtreme penetrator 90gr +P ammo which is awesome. Check it out on YouTube. The other day I bought the G43. I love the shield, but don't like how long the grip is, and don't like how I can't reverse the mag release. Yes I'm a lefty... I'm using a 508 kydex iwb holster with 0 cant, and so far I like it. I don't love it tho. I appendix carry both. It's simply just bigger than the bg380. I don't care if people say the bg380 is a baby gun or whatever, it will get the job done pending you can do your end of the work with the trigger. The gun is 100% reliable and very accurate pending you don't suck with heavy long triggers. Back to the G43, it is amazing to shoot. It takes less skill than the bg380 because it has a "better" (still crappy) trigger. I will carry one of the 2 depending on what I'm wearing, but feel well armed regardless of which I carry. IMO, there's no point to carrying anything bigger than these options since we don't live in a free state with standard capacity magazines. Especially since the bg380 mags are so small, stuffing your pocket with 2-3 extra mags doesn't take up much real estate.

Last edited:
Pleasantly surprised with my shield 9mm. And yes I have a Derr trigger on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm thinking about changing my EDC carry from my Glock 19 to a XDs in 9mm. Thoughts?

Do what you want, don't ask for approval. The two guns aren't even in the same class, so I don't get the logic, but if it works better for you, then do it.

ETA: I will say this though.... that ****ing grip safety on the XD makes me start doing this though....

they ruined with that one "feature".... and I'm not the kind of guy willing to pin a grip safety on a
carry gun...

-Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom