• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EDC at work?

I have two employers. One will fire me if I am caught carrying or with a firearm on premise. The other will fire me if I am caught not carrying. I am so conflicted...
I feel you. The worst is when boss #2 is selling your services to boss #1. Decisions decisions.

Just like my instructor said.

If a tree falls down in the forest and no one hears it. Did it fall down?

But to add my 2 cents, if I was at my work place and someone had a gun on them I'd definitely stay about 15 feet away from that person. This is coming from someone who daily carries. It's common sense.
It's what now?

I work from home 99% of the time, so not a big issue for me. But when I have to go in the office, it would be easier to try and carry on a plane than it would be to try in the office.

I worked in the city for the better part of a decade for one of the big tech players after we were lured there in 2013 (in fact, we moved in a week before the bombing) as part of the waterfront revitalization project and it was strictly against company policy to have any "weapon" on your person and violation of such was grounds for termination.

A good holster and cover garment make all the difference and f@ck their BS policy - my #1 job is to get home to my family. So is yours.

. So, am i allowed to conceal carry into my workplace under Mass law or am i subject to the building and/or tenants policies? I wanted to check here before taking any steps in regards to this topic. thanks!
1. Mass law can't just be ignored. You can't EDC to a school because nobody else is there, however, it must actually be a school. There's grey area here with say, Harvard Yard and the Harvard Museum, but I'm going to assume that isn't super grey for your work place. Someone else (Len?) will speak up on this.

2. Tenants policies- these are not legally binding, they're about as useful as the inconspicuous no guns sign posted ankle height at the mall. You'll be fired for violating a tenant policy because it'll be easier than moving the office and that'll satisfy the land lord, but chances are the land lord would never find out, your job wouldn't tell them.

When I worked for a major hospital in Boston my office was a few blocks away from my duty station. I carried into work, locked things up in the bathroom when I changed into my work attire, and the gun went in a hidden compartment in my backpack. That backpack then got locked up until EOD to which I un-did the whole thing and carried back out the door. People would have shat f***ing bricks knowing I carried into my office, but my guaranteed safety on the green line at a dark street level stop and again at park street were more important to me.

I'm a federal employee so I can't carry at work. If I could, I'd do so.
Yeah there's a difference between getting fired and going to jail. Any time my work has taken me onto federal property I left my gun at home.

Just like my instructor said.

If a tree falls down in the forest and no one hears it. Did it fall down?

But to add my 2 cents, if I was at my work place and someone had a gun on them I'd definitely stay about 15 feet away from that person. This is coming from someone who daily carries. It's common sense.
I prefer:

"If a gunshot is heard at work... Did I fire it? "

Last edited:
CCW in my office at the Mill in Littleton is mandatory.
When Megan comes to work, she comes heavy.
And she's very stylish.
97669596f2f4580577ac4079bb87c90d--custom--grips-cops.jpg

Little people are not allowed in the Mill. LOL.
They're all "ham-sized"; eh?

Did your instructor tell you the boolits only travel 15 feet or is this more Sleepy Joe advice like shooting out your window if you’re scared.

Hey @one-eyed Jack , have you ever had a NES Get together out at the Mill?
Something to think about. The Mill consists of 90,000 sf of rental space. Due to superior management skills (and affordable rents), I'm 97% occupied, one vacant space. Any get together would have to be held outside in good weather. I'm working from home for now due to the bad back. Any get together would have to be managed by someone else, but I'm open to anything. Jack.

Also, the DPRMA does not provide parking lot protection. Your employer can fire you for lawful storage in you vehicle on company propery.

Something to think about. The Mill consists of 90,000 sf of rental space. Due to superior management skills (and affordable rents), I'm 97% occupied, one vacant space. Any get together would have to be held outside in good weather. I'm working from home for now due to the bad back. Any get together would have to be managed by someone else, but I'm open to anything. Jack.
Typically, the NES Group (anywhere from 5 to 20) meetup at a Gunshop and get to meet with vendors/gunsmiths; get the Dime Tour ask a few questions and sometimes drop a few bucks.
Think of it as a High School Field Trip.

Then they go to a local bar/tavern/eatery and indulge themselves in good food, better drinks and great conversation.

The only hard part is finding a place where we can eat/drink/be merry and not be hassled by the Covid Man. The tour is a piece of cake, and will get folks familiarized with what it's all about.

Maybe when things loosen up this early Summer, I will send out a 'feeler' and we can get a tour of your Mill, and those Proud Folks who fill it...?

Jack, If you would consider this, I'll buy you dinner... and a Cockatoo, I mean a Cocktail or two...

Enbloc works in mysterious ways...

~Enbloc

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom