• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EDC at work?

Something to think about. The Mill consists of 90,000 sf of rental space. Due to superior management skills (and affordable rents), I'm 97% occupied, one vacant space. Any get together would have to be held outside in good weather. I'm working from home for now due to the bad back. Any get together would have to be managed by someone else, but I'm open to anything. Jack.

Food Truck event outside this Summer?

These were sitting in my basement. A widow gave me a bunch of blades her husband collected that she never knew about. There were all kinds of sharp pointy things.

Attachments

• 20210104_192200.jpg
    20210104_192200.jpg
    395.1 KB · Views: 5
Tailgate party at the Mill!
long drive for me but i'll do my best to be there. it'd be nice to meet a diverse cross section of nes members.

BUT!!!!!!!!! you will have to guarantee jack will be there. (never met the man, but sounds like my kind of guy)

summer 2021 can't get here soon enough

long drive for me but i'll do my best to be there. it'd be nice to meet a diverse cross section of nes members.

BUT!!!!!!!!! you will have to guarantee jack will be there. (never met the man, but sounds like my kind of guy)

summer 2021 can't get here soon enough
Only thing I have the power to guarantee is if you walk by the trunk of my car while I’m standing there I’ll pass you a Dixie cup with some good scotch in it. 👌🏻

But to add my 2 cents, if I was at my work place and someone had a gun on them I'd definitely stay about 15 feet away from that person. This is coming from someone who daily carries. It's common sense.
Did your instructor tell you the boolits only travel 15 feet or is this more Sleepy Joe advice like shooting out your window if you’re scared.
Maybe he's an operating ham operator on 20m and has an HF H/T with a 1/4 wave whip.
Poke your eye out and all that...

Last edited:
I worked in several buildings/properties in MA that were owned by a college/university and leased, with either daytime classes somewhere in the building or evening classes/seminars. So iffy on the law - a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, as they say. Surprisingl, none of the 8 companies I’ve worked for in 30yr+ had employee manuals and/or weapons-ban policies. But as employers in right-to-work states, they could all terminate me for other reasons, even if not for cause, if they had found I was carrying and didn’t like it.

Having written a few letters to the editor wrt RKBA in NH, I was surprised one day when our HR person in BOS showed me an anonymous letter received saying I was a dangerous, unstable person that had guns and might go crazy at work. I just said some animal rights activists had been doxxing hunters, trappers and anglers. She handed me the letter and just said yeah lots of crazy people out there. Of course, HR people turn over every year, so that memory is long gone.

Just like my instructor said.

If a tree falls down in the forest and no one hears it. Did it fall down?

But to add my 2 cents, if I was at my work place and someone had a gun on them I'd definitely stay about 15 feet away from that person. This is coming from someone who daily carries. It's common sense.

88821FE6-08D5-470E-BDDC-A87F12E6C54B.jpeg

I like the hats with the reservoir tips...

Having written a few letters to the editor wrt RKBA in NH, I was surprised one day when our HR person in BOS showed me an anonymous letter received saying I was a dangerous, unstable person that had guns and might go crazy at work. I just said some animal rights activists had been doxxing hunters, trappers and anglers. She handed me the letter and just said yeah lots of crazy people out there.
Slick response.

My employer has a decal on all doors stating No guns, No knives, No sprays, No stun guns!
This is how a healthcare system provides safety... oh wait
"A recent Johns Hopkins study claims more than 250,000 people in the U.S. die every year from medical errors."

I worked in several buildings/properties in MA that were owned by a college/university and leased, with either daytime classes somewhere in the building or evening classes/seminars. So iffy on the law - a prosecutor can indict a ham sandwich, as they say. Surprisingl, none of the 8 companies I’ve worked for in 30yr+ had employee manuals and/or weapons-ban policies. But as employers in right-to-work states, they could all terminate me for other reasons, even if not for cause, if they had found I was carrying and didn’t like it.

Having written a few letters to the editor wrt RKBA in NH, I was surprised one day when our HR person in BOS showed me an anonymous letter received saying I was a dangerous, unstable person that had guns and might go crazy at work. I just said some animal rights activists had been doxxing hunters, trappers and anglers. She handed me the letter and just said yeah lots of crazy people out there. Of course, HR people turn over every year, so that memory is long gone.

Had someone do that to me at my last job, after that it was a struggle to keep employed, everything I did was under a microscope.

These days I'm a bit more upfront about it, my supervisor and a few work friends know I take time off to hunt and two of them have seen my bolt action posed with non-graphic pics of deer.

If this comes up again I've established my hunting alibi- nobody in the office knows I could equip them all for the apocalypse.

Our company handbook clearly states that you are allowed to carry if properly licensed. I have 2 gun vaults in my company vehicle.

Typically, the NES Group (anywhere from 5 to 20) meetup at a Gunshop and get to meet with vendors/gunsmiths; get the Dime Tour ask a few questions and sometimes drop a few bucks.
Think of it as a High School Field Trip.

Then they go to a local bar/tavern/eatery and indulge themselves in good food, better drinks and great conversation.

The only hard part is finding a place where we can eat/drink/be merry and not be hassled by the Covid Man. The tour is a piece of cake, and will get folks familiarized with what it's all about.

Maybe when things loosen up this early Summer, I will send out a 'feeler' and we can get a tour of your Mill, and those Proud Folks who fill it...?

Jack, If you would consider this, I'll buy you dinner... and a Cockatoo, I mean a Cocktail or two...

Enbloc works in mysterious ways...

~Enbloc
Well, one thing to keep in mind is that the vacant space I have is a big open room-5300sf. It's heated so any weather is good. We can use that till it's rented. It's close to the main entrance and close to the larger rooms full of FFLs. Food and drinks of any kind would have to be brought in along with tables and chairs. Think about that. Jack.

Just like my instructor said.

If a tree falls down in the forest and no one hears it. Did it fall down?

I think 16.3' would be much more prudent...............
Do you keep others 15' away from you?

Im an ‘essential worker’ as well and I work in a large area with 10 other people. I carry a Glock 19 with a TLR-7a in a Tier 1 Aegis appendix with a spare mag. No one can tell and I have to walk by everyone anytime I need to take a leak. Im sure if anyone tries to kill us all at work they will be very thankful I put a stop to it.

Dont ask. Dont tell.

Back
Top Bottom