• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ed Davis on NECN - Don't interfere just call 911

Jon, Sorry I SHOULD HAVE stated "most of the LEOs that I know" and not "most". I obviously can't speak for those that I don't know or never worked with. I could hope that those I know are "unusual" but somehow my opinion is that this may not be the case in these parts (although I hope I'm wrong).

Boston COP

Typical PO response. Remember, these are the guys that advise a women to get a restraining order against a violent ex instead of a gun. Today a woman was shot at the CNN home office by a man. Yesterday a woman who had a restraining order against a psycho ex-boyfriend was killed in her office on a college campus.

Yeah, a piece of paper is like a bullet proof vest. That will most certainly work against someone with a vendetta. And that's just one reason I became a gun owner.

Yeah, a piece of paper is like a bullet proof vest. That will most certainly work against someone with a vendetta. And that's just one reason I became a gun owner.
And the really cool thing for the psycho rapist/stalker/killer is that the restraining order tells them all the addresses their victim is regularly at. Making them easy to find and to formulate a plan of attack.

Get your piece of paper and 9-1-1 ready honey, Mr Stalker is at the front door with a big butcher knife.

And the really cool thing for the psycho rapist/stalker/killer is that the restraining order tells them all the addresses their victim is regularly at. Making them easy to find and to formulate a plan of attack.

Get your piece of paper and 9-1-1 ready honey, Mr Stalker is at the front door with a big butcher knife.
Actually, the addresses can and will be impounded if so requested by the plaintiff.

In the vast majority of ROs issued, the defendant is ordered to vacate the residence and the plaintiff remains. Impounding the address would serve no purpose if the plaintiff remains. The defendant knows where he used to live.

Jon, valid point. I should of thought of that. <duh>

However if she moves even temporarily this should kick in automatically.

In most cases, the creep already knows where the woman lives and works. It's kind of hard to keep some of that quiet. However, in some cases, yes, it should be an automatic.

Friend of mine got an RO against her ex-bf and they gave him her work & home addresses and told him to stay 300ft(if I remember correctly) from both places and 50ft from her. No phone calls etc... He knew where she worked but didn't know where she moved to and they told him.

One of the other facets of an RO that few people consider. If somebody is supposed to stay 500' (or some other distance) away from some place, it sort of stands to reason that you have to tell him just where that place is. You can't very well say "We'll throw your sorry ass in jail if you get too close to point X, and by the way, we can't let you know just where this point X is." Yes, why in heaven's name would anyone want to have a gun, when they can always get a restraining order to protect their life and the lives of family members. [rolleyes]

Ken

Back
Top Bottom