Economic "Doom" Mega thread

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I bet you the opposite; Boeing will not go out of business. They are too important to the government to let fail, and their market cap is too big for most buyers to take on. The only competitor big enough to buy them is Airbus, but the government would never let that happen.
Market cap is meaningless if you go bankrupt. Your assets just go to auction.

Gov bailout is the only way they survive and frankly I'd rather let them fail. Along with GE, GM etc. There is no reason to keep these companies around in their current forms. They clearly are not competitive with their current structures and are all severely in debt.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Fed balance sheet went up $600 billion this week. That's the price of keeping the stock market from crashing. $30 trillion per year. Hope it's worth it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, meet your new Fed chairman, Donald J. Trump.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I opened a new thread for that article though I think you beat me to it. :) extremely important info.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Think the Cabal is gonna sit on their hands and let a former reality tv star do something like that. Im normally not the type to throw around the word "Cabal" to label every politician I dont like, but when it comes to people who have a vested interest in keeping the Federal Reserve functioning the way it has been for generations, then yeah, those people are Cabal tier people. Theyd nuke half the globe before they give up control of the Fed.

CLW42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
What? No, it doesn't mean the Fed is dead - it means it's just become part of the government. That is NOT what Fed haters wanted.
But wouldn't that open them up to audits at least?

I'm sure Warren and Sanders would form a committee to hold them accountable.

headednorth

NES Member
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
People who poke the heir to the throne in the chest in front of a room full of people (including photographers) while he just stands there and takes it are not going to let anyone take control of their multi-generational money making machine.

rothschild.jpg

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

The Fed is immune from audits.

It's not literally a part of the government - that would be illegal. They just found a workaround.

Besides, Bernie and Warren would never go after the Fed, they're gonna fund MMT and the universal basic income.

Reptile

NES Member
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
central banks will only go to a gold standard if the world loses faith in fiat currencies. That would force them to back it with something real.
Why would anybody lose faith in central banks or the US dollar?

They are going to have to print $12 Trillion before this mess is over.

The US dollar will remain strong - the US can print as much as they want...

Oh wait.

EvilDragon

NES Member
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
central banks will only go to a gold standard if the world loses faith in fiat currencies. That would force them to back it with something real.
Nope, can never go back to any kind of a commodity standard. That's a terrible idea, to have a commodity price manipulate the value of currency.

CLW42

NES Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
The Fed is immune from audits.

It's not literally a part of the government - that would be illegal. They just found a workaround.

Besides, Bernie and Warren would never go after the Fed, they're gonna fund MMT and the universal basic income.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I thought it would be obvious, but after reading again, I can see it wasn't easily perceived.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Nope, can never go back to any kind of a commodity standard. That's a terrible idea, to have a commodity price manipulate the value of currency.
gold is not like industrial commodities, its price doesn't fluctuate, its the fiat currencies fluctuating.

Gold worked perfectly fine backing currencies, but it prevented the US government from printing as much money as we wanted.

The US will never willingly go back to a gold standard. But it might be forced on us by a banking collapse.

PennyPincher

NES Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
And you know what he going to do!!!

Back to the gold standard!!!
I have heard that this money printing is so that Trump can get us back on the gold standard but I find that highly unlikely. How the hell does this money printing help? I know Trump likes "cheap money."

GM-GUY

NES Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
A gold standard would be fine if......

Given $1.75 Trillion in US currency in circulation
Given 261,500,000 Gold ounces held by US

Gold = $6700/oz

Problem is $1.75T is just currency/green backs/Fed reserve notes we all know that lots of more exists in digital form. Think 10 times minimum, with all the printing/conjuring/borrowing betting it's closer to 100. That means $67,000-$670,000/oz

xtry51

NES Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Gold = $6700/oz

Problem is $1.75T is just currency/green backs/Fed reserve notes we all know that lots of more exists in digital form. Think 10 times minimum, with all the printing/conjuring/borrowing betting it's closer to 100. That means $67,000-$670,000/oz
I don't see a problem with that. It's pretty much representative of the actual inflation rate since we left gold.

Broccoli Iglesias

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

No one in the government, outside of a very, very small group of people, wants to audit the Fed.

Our entire system is based on trust. People all over the world buy dollars because their sh*tty currencies are a disaster (thanks to horrible economic policy). Because everything is based on trust, people prefer to look the other way and just "trust".

number9

NES Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
gold is not like industrial commodities, its price doesn't fluctuate, its the fiat currencies fluctuating.
This is demonstrably not true. Gold is both a commodity and a primary store of value. Its value fluctuates all the time; that is one of the issues of using precious metals to back currencies.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I have heard that this money printing is so that Trump can get us back on the gold standard but I find that highly unlikely. How the hell does this money printing help? I know Trump likes "cheap money."
I agree, I don't think Trump wants a gold standard, he's more of a debt guy. A gold standard would severely limit government's abilities to spend like drunken sailors.

Varmint

NES Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

Gold = $6700/oz

I think a gold standard would be used only after a financial crash, so you might have a lot of the money wiped out. You'd revalue the dollar, so the government would close the banks, and in the morning you'd wake up and the new dollar would be $10k/oz gold, but your $100k in the bank is now worth $10k dollars. That's a bail in, which Cyprus used to keep the wealthy whole while screwing the people.

Obviously you can't do this a well armed citizenry. This could happen in Europe but not here.

Top Bottom