• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

ebr-1 vs ebr-2

Looking for thoughts on vortex reticles. I am planning on getting a used Razor Gen 2 4.5-27x56 in mrad, and I figured that I would probably like an ebr-2c reticle, but I am finding some good deals on ebr-1c's.

I guess what I want to know is, those who have ebr-2c reticles, how much do you use the "christmas tree?" My intended purpose is hunting, recreational shooting, and I plan on trying PRS competition.

Get behind tbe glass before you buy.
Then maybe lean towards what you will be doing with tbe rifle the most. I really cant see hunting with those graph paper X mas tree reticles.
You need to choose what you like.

I have two Vortex Viper PST scopes in 6-24x50 FFP with the EBR-2 reticle. I got that reticle as I wanted all the options to range targets myself. What I found is that I never use it. I have all this information and all I use is the cross hairs of the scope and the lower hash marks for different distances that I've tested to determine POI without having to adjust the scope for different ranges. Overall I could easily do that with the EBR-1 reticle. I need another scope for a new 6.5 build I'm looking at and will most likely go with the EBR-1 this time around.

Christmas tree is a huge help for me when I need to hold elevation and windage without dialing.
Without the christmas tree hash marks, any windage I need to hold would be a non-repeatable guess.

If hunting, may not be a big deal.
If shooting PRS where you need to rapidly change distances and may not have time to dial, christmas tree is helpful.

Back
Top Bottom