Ebay took my 10 round magazine listing down

This is their reason:

"Unfortunately, we had to remove your listing because of the following:

You listed an accessory for an assault rifle, which is considered an assault weapon under California law. eBay does not permit the sale of any assault weapon-related parts or accessories. Parts are generally defined as items that attach to the gun to assist in the function of the weapon. Accessories are defined as items associated with the use of a weapon. While this item may be perfectly legal to sell and available at other retail outlets, we've made the decision that some firearm parts are not right for our marketplace.

We understand that you may have not been aware of this policy, and this notice is to simply make sure that you are aware of it going forward. We kindly ask that you do not relist this item on eBay."

Yet do a search for a 223 mag and there are people selling 30 rd and listing them as 10 rd.
I have asked why I was singled out when there are still over 200+ listings for 223 magazines.
I sold 25 of the same item last week with no issues. I hate Ebay!

It appears they go in waves. I had previously listed a 15-22 mag and they pulled it, and every other 15-22 item, at them same time.

Unless you are a big # seller they will do this.

I once tried to sell an SKS Stock and accessories on there. Checked prior to listing and saw the same thing listed by several sellers. They took my post down and when I contacted them and pointed out several times that the same stock was listed prior to and after I listed mine they just said they must have missed it. They are still selling the same stock to this day from sellers.

I sold three of the long 10 round mags

Listing 1 got cancelled because I was a new seller
Listing 2 sold fine
Listing 3 sold fine
Listing 4 got cancelled due to the assault rifle restriction
Listing 5 sold fine

I did mine for 3 day auctions to hopefully get between the canceling cycles and it worked well for the most part

Post again, it will eventually get to the end. 1 or 3 day auctions will work better. I bought some mags not long ago and Ebay pulled the listing AFTER the sale closed...wtf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I once saw a listing for a pre ban P228 mag that said "holds 10 rounds". The picture clearly showed 13 round witness holes in the back. I asked the seller if the numbers of holes were correct. He said yes and I bought.

Been a while since I bought anything from that shitt company and I used to spend a lot.

Sent from State prison using contraband cell phone

It was probably some nancy reporting the listing to eBay.

I've been using eBay since 2000, and it has gotten much more difficult for the "amateur seller" to do business there. Sellers can't leave negative feedback for buyers, the resolution process for nonpayment can take more than a week. And the volume of non-paying bidders has grown dramatically. Oh, and apparently eBay doesn't think I have a "proven track record of selling" despite the fact that I've been selling things there with 100% positive feedback for 12+ years... so when I finally do find someone who will actually pay, I don't get the money until they post feedback or 21 days have passed! And not everyone buying on eBay bothers to post feedback!

The whole thing is skewed towards buyers, and sellers who do enough volume that they can afford to deal with these hassles.

I posted a pre-ban 50 rnd 1911 45 drom last week, saying "5 rnd" in the description, with a 3 day auction "buy it now"...hoping someone would snag it before they killed the auction. No luck, took them all but 2 minutes to kill it! LOL

Ebay is horse shit. They double dip into your profits since Ebay and Paypal take a cut, and they are the same company. Greedy ****ers.

Plus, getting ripped off on there is as easy as accidentally selling to some a**h*** that receives the item, places a brick in the box, and ships it back to you and demands a refund from Ebay. Ebay always sides with the buyer. Every. ****ing. Time.

I'd rather GIVE MY STUFF AWAY than sell it on Ebay.

I do not sell on Ebay any longer. I put a stipulation in my auction stating PP customers tack on 3%. Ebay has a hissy, pulled my action, then wrote me a letter telling me how I couldn't do that.

I sold 3 XD 10 rd mags on there about 6 months ago. The 3 were listed individually and ebay cancelled 2 of them because they said they were duplicate items. I relisted the other 2 as 1 item and charged a higher price.

And not everyone buying on eBay bothers to post feedback!

I will not leave feedback for a seller unless I see that I have received feedback. The way I view it is my part of the transaction is complete as soon as money is sent/received. The seller doesn't complete until item sent/received.

I have had sellers send me a message asking for feedback to be left and when I explain the above they usually tell me it's their policy not to leave feedback for a buyer who hasn't left feedback for them. Whatever. As a buyer I'm not too concerned with it. I have experienced the selling aspect and thankfully the buyers left feedback when the item arrived so the money was released sooner than 21 days.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Seller should leave feedback as soon as a buyer pays!! Buyer's part is done. But most won't till you leave them feedback!!! When I sell something I never have to wait for my funds. Weird....

I sold 3 XD 10 rd mags on there about 6 months ago. The 3 were listed individually and ebay cancelled 2 of them because they said they were duplicate items. I relisted the other 2 as 1 item and charged a higher price.

I will not leave feedback for a seller unless I see that I have received feedback. The way I view it is my part of the transaction is complete as soon as money is sent/received. The seller doesn't complete until item sent/received.

I have had sellers send me a message asking for feedback to be left and when I explain the above they usually tell me it's their policy not to leave feedback for a buyer who hasn't left feedback for them. Whatever. As a buyer I'm not too concerned with it. I have experienced the selling aspect and thankfully the buyers left feedback when the item arrived so the money was released sooner than 21 days.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

I always leave the buyer feedback as soon as they pay. Some people just do not leave feedback, period. They can't be bothered to take the minute it takes to do it.

Ebay blows for gun stuff, why torture yourself if it's not necessary?

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom