• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ebay is now antigun

I just got this email from ebay. They have guaranteed that I'll never use their site again.

Hello zingsungod,

After reviewing your account, we've had to take the following action:
- Some or all of your listings may have been removed. A list of any removed items will be listed further down in this email.
- We have credited all associated fees except for the final value fee for your listing(s).

You listed a grip module for a firearm. Frames, including grip frames (grip module), pistol frames (also called a "frame casting," "80% paperweight," or "80% frame" are not permitted on eBay. We appreciate that you chose to utilize our site, but we must ask that you please not relist in this case.

Here are the listings we removed:
142345795565 - Sig Sauer P320 Subcompact Grip Module Size Small New FDE

If you have any concerns or questions, click "Help & Contact" at the top of most eBay pages.

We appreciate your understanding.

Thanks,

eBay

UPDATE: I Spoke to a manager at Ebay Customer service. It took some effort but he claims that they have the policy because a P320 grip module (and other similar pistol parts) can be used to create an Assault Weapon (I almost started laughing on the phone). Also they don't allow the sale of Mags with over 10 rounds. He tried telling me it was so they stayed compliant with federal and state laws but he could specify which laws.

Last edited:
Funny how the "10" round magazines look just like the 30 rounders.

That's crap. I bought my p250 grip module from ebay so I don't understand why they're penalizing you. I also bought hi point magazines straight from the site.

Hmm, I've been selling Glock slides on there regularly, nary a word from them.

That's a bummer though that grip modules, which are truly just a piece of plastic, are a no-go.

Last edited:
I like this approach. Start thread on alleged wrong limiting sale of unneeded part; thus generating interest on said item for sale. Genius!!!

WxA4D.gif

I'm calling dibs on doing this next week if my stuff in the classifieds aren't sold by then.

Not news. I've had no problem selling pretty much every other imaginable gun part on there. Bought a bunch too. In your case, though, I think that they do not understand the distinction between "grip modules" and serialized frames.

Yea, that's the feeling that I got also. I also sent off a very polite letter to the CEO explaining what happened and my general discontent. I doubt anything will happen but you never know.
On the other hand I'm going to keep this on the down low so Maura Healy doesn't find out I have several unregistered assault weapons lol

EBay....,basically if it's fudd gun parts your ok.
I went through this with some M1a hand guards.
They did how ever say this was a eBay policy that the M1a is AW not "law"
I give it another year before anything "gun" will,be gone.
I still think gun broker is falling behind. GB should have stepped up years ago and really re did their entire way of doing things along with getting discounts on shipping through ups and FedEx.
I will be starting to use GB more often now. Sadly the gun club peg board is no longer a viable place to sell. Ebay in the past was a great way for me to unload all sorts of "junk" taking up space in house.

They are? That's funny because I bought a mint 1960s manufacture browning auto 5 vent rib inproved cylinder choked barrel off eBay not too long ago. Got a nice leather holster for my single action Ruger too.

They are? That's funny because I bought a mint 1960s manufacture browning auto 5 vent rib inproved cylinder choked barrel off eBay not too long ago. Got a nice leather holster for my single action Ruger too.
They are fine with fudd stuff like that.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

It's all in using "correct" wording. The Ebay police detect questionable listings by using software that will flag items.

Huh? Do a search for "SKS" on eBay and watch the pages fly by. Everything from Barrels to complete stocks. Talk about Assault Rifled!! (LOL) If they didn't eliminate the SKS offerings I can't see why they are picking on the lowly 320.

It's all about appearances; eBay has no interest in understanding the P320/250; a "Sig Sauer P320 Subcompact Grip Module" looks a lot like a serialized handgun frame.
740777.jpg

Last edited:
I remember when you could buy switchblades on Ebay. Ah the good ol' days.

I remember when you could buy guns on eBay. Joined in 1998 and they had categories for firearms sales. I want to say they did away with that after the Columbine shooting but it may have been a bit earlier.

Back then even the feedback system was open--so someone you had a beef with on a forum would ruin your feedback score by posting negatives all day.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom