Ebay doing away with firearm accessories?

Seems Ebay has removed nearly all vertical foregrips intended for rifles... even some intended for paintball guns and clearly listed as such. The lions share of them were Thanos-finger-snapped away last week and now it seems much of what was left has been removed, or is being removed.

Is this part of a greater trend? Just "assaulty" things like vertical grips, or...? Used to be at any given time there were millions of foregrips available, from cheap chinese to authentic US made, new and used alike.

Interesting. I just looked and Sig P365 mags are still available, but Bushmaster AR mags are not. However, I had never looked up BM mags on eBay before, so maybe that's how it's always been.

Ebay has been slowly picking away at gun stuff. I used to use it to find odd ball parts for project guns.
Slowly the decent gun parts are drying up. Not many LGS stocking much in the way of “parts”

Not many LGS stocking much in the way of “parts”

This. I'd rather do business with an independent seller on ebay than a corporate megastore that charges 2x as much. None of my LGS has the stuff I need, even the ones I've worked for. Surplus parts, other specific parts and accessories, just not a focus apparently. The only place within 25 miles of me I could find a Magpul MVG, having checked a half dozen LGS, was Cabela's - and they were selling it for $8 over MSRP (that's a 40% markup).

Ebay has been weird about gun stuff since their inception, especially AWB-related issues, but usually turned a blind eye or didn't bother to look at certain borderline things like pinned magazines. They never seemed to care at all about paintball and airgun accessories. This is the most marked change I've seen in over a decade; it's like 85% of accessories are gone and the paintball and airsoft parts are disappearing as well, right before my eyes. Apparently Amazon has done the same; no more grips.

I listed an "AR15 trigger" and it was removed my eBay. I relisted as "Mil-spec trigger" with no problem. Sold 6 that way.

I think they key on certain words.
At least that's what I was told.

I think so too. I played around with a handful search terms and was able to generally find what I was looking for (rifle stock, carry handle, compensator, etc.).

Admittedly, those are probably low risk items, and it’s not like I did a comprehensive or exhaustive study. I generally don’t use eBay for gun related items unless it’s something odd I can’t find locally or it’s at an amazing price.

Also, using AR in any search seems to be an automatic no-go on whatever you’re looking for.

I think they key on certain words.
At least that's what I was told.

Yes, two ways to get your ad pulled, either you put the wrong words in the description and the computer catches it, or someone reports it and Ebay gets around to looking at the report. No ones actively looking at anything.

A while back, I had a Vietnam-era AR mag pouch pulled, as it's an "Assault weapon part."

Yes, the piece of we equipment.

Not surprising that an actual part that actually attaches, would be verboten

That stuff has been going on for literal DECADES. Ebay is so late-20th-century. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom