• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Ebay changes gun policy

but PayPal, the only accepted payment form will shut you down for anything firearm related IIRC

Apparently their fear of bad publicity after the Virginia Tech shooting has been over ridden by their desire for the fees from sellers of firearms related products.

but PayPal, the only accepted payment form will shut you down for anything firearm related IIRC

I think PayPay is the preferred, but not only form of payment. Then again, Ebay owns PayPal so they will do as they are directed to.

I think part of this is the fact that Amazon now often has better products at better prices than Ebay. Amazon has no restrictions on firearms parts.

I think PayPay is the preferred, but not only form of payment. Then again, Ebay owns PayPal so they will do as they are directed to.

I think part of this is the fact that Amazon now often has better products at better prices than Ebay. Amazon has no restrictions on firearms parts.

somewhere Adam Smith is smiling...

i buy a lot of stuff on ebay and gun parts have been no problem. few weeks ago got mags for 226 and 92fs without a problem

I'd like to think that perhaps they just woke up and realized that there was no logic to support their prior policy, but then again, I've been wrong before.

i buy a lot of stuff on ebay and gun parts have been no problem. few weeks ago got mags for 226 and 92fs without a problem

ya same here, I check the boxes for US only, free shipping and eBay Top-rated seller. lots & lots of magpul stuff on ebay [wink]

Yep, I've also picked up a few mags and spare parts for my S&W 3rd gens. on the BAY the past few weeks. Have gotten some pretty good deals, too.

People sell tons of gun-related stuff on eBaY, and all use Paypal to pay for their stuff.

Those of us who have been eBay members since before it was even called eBay remember when you could buy actual guns on eBay. Ah, those were the days.

I bought a horizontal magazine holster off ebay about 4 years ago with no problems. I even used paypal as the payment. The item description clearly said magazine holster.

That is not true. When I sell I email the winning bidder the opportunity to pay by USPS money order. That way I don't have to pay any paypal fees and they never know!

simple supply and demand guns sales are higher than they have ever been and right along with them are the parts and accessories for them. They were missing out on a huge revenue stream.

buyers- beware of the ebay username flintoid. That jackass is selling fake AK parts kits. I bought one of them and he had it listed as a "soviet russian ak47 original PLO communist russia USSR CCCP parts kit with combloc russian circle y barrel non torch cut milled stamped receiver."

That mother****er had painted a US barrel with engine enamel, didn't even drill and pin the parts on the barrel, and it had a god damn unicorn in the box. So I sold it to another schmuck and started building AR-15s because they're tacticooler.

Lots of FAKE magpul stuff on ebay too. Watch out.

Agreed. I think a read on E Bay that the Magpul "PTS" stuff is made in China and compatible with air soft rifles. I guess a they are of lower quality or for training? I haven't bought any PTS items yet, I have been tempted to just so because the prices are so low.

Back
Top Bottom