eat it, haters - USMC to adopt SERPA holster

Out of the drawer of holsters i have I use the Serpa the least. I do use it while screwing around up in vt and nh in the woods or sometimes if I am Open carrying which is rarity.

He's in the sh#$, needs to be strapped.... [laugh]

You'll be laughing out the other side of your mouth when the cat goes for his gun and can't get it from him because of the retention holster!!!

Damned cats, can't trust 'em.

hatersgonnahatep1.gif

Crap, I just now realized that I own one for my 1911.

Sent from the Hyundai of the droids, the Samsung Replenish, using Tapatalk.

i will challenge any one of you cowboys to a duet while wearing my serpa.

the serpa is a whole of a lot better than the POS nylon holsters before it. for you civilian types, think MOLLE gear... the gay laniard / dummy cord to your M9.

anywho, i have the serpa for my M9 @ work and i hate it. but after a tactical class, i actually removed the drop leg assay and attached it to my belt. i am not a fan of a "level anything" retention holster outside of a "level wolf223 you ain't getting up my face retention w/o a size 12 to your trachea retention holster"

i bet some of you like indiana jones leather holster with the 6-shot revolver that never ran out of ammo too.

Sorry Folks, I never liked any of the "Plastic Holsters". Something about the way a good leather holster fits a gun, and molds it self to the method of carry.

I stiil prefer a steel framed firearm. I guess that shows my age. Or maybe just a traditionalist.

Yes, but they weren't using leather holsters.

i will challenge any one of you cowboys to a duet while wearing my serpa.

the serpa is a whole of a lot better than the POS nylon holsters before it. for you civilian types, think MOLLE gear... the gay laniard / dummy cord to your M9.

anywho, i have the serpa for my M9 @ work and i hate it. but after a tactical class, i actually removed the drop leg assay and attached it to my belt. i am not a fan of a "level anything" retention holster outside of a "level wolf223 you ain't getting up my face retention w/o a size 12 to your trachea retention holster"

i bet some of you like indiana jones leather holster with the 6-shot revolver that never ran out of ammo too.

Oh I like plastic holsters and I like holsters with a variety of mounting options but I don't like the placement of the button on the SERPA. Safariland's retention set-up makes more sense to me.

Who cares about the holster? I'd rather carry a 1911 in a plastic bag than a Barreta in just about anything.

Didn't the Army switch to the 45 ACP because .38 did not do a good job at stopping the enemy? What is the conversion for 9mm?

Now that they ordered a bazillion plastic holsters they will be stuck with the 9mm for 200 years

Who cares about the holster? I'd rather carry a 1911 in a plastic bag than a Barreta in just about anything.

Didn't the Army switch to the 45 ACP because .38 did not do a good job at stopping the enemy? What is the conversion for 9mm?

Now that they ordered a bazillion plastic holsters they will be stuck with the 9mm for 200 years

The .38 S&W, not the .38spcl. Big difference.

EDIT

And the 9mm NATO is basically a 124gr +P round which isn't that bad.

so are the going to switch to a Glock 22 too? I mean if we are trying to hurt our own soldiers might as well go all out

the M9 has reached it's service life. so yes, the Depaaahhhtmen of Defense is looking for a replacement. how-eva, the joint chiefs can't get over the fact that the troops need more individual arms training, so they are slacking on getting a quality pistol, such as a Glock, M&P or Springfield Armory because they lack that ****ing external safety. so they are looking at HK's and other gay guns with the 'said' external idiot switches to go with the grain.

PS: i'm an active duty Sr. NCO and read this on the Army Times, which is NOT an official dot-gov or dot-mil publication.

eta: imagnine a DoD contract with M&P, Glock or any other combat pistol... sans 1911. don't get me wrong, i own two 1911, i can NOT get to 1k rounds with my almost $1k S&W's, while i can shoot crap ammo through my glocks all day. the M9 has other faults as well.

but, just because these guns don't have an idiot switch, DoD is basically saying that all officers, medics, MP's and machine gun teams are retards that can't handle a pistol w/o a ****ing safety.

*chairborne* [cheers]

Last edited by a moderator:
but, just because these guns don't have an idiot switch, DoD is basically saying that all officers, medics, MP's and machine gun teams are retards that can't handle a pistol w/o a ****ing safety.

A few weeks back I watched a number of Navy medical students attempt to shoot the rifle and pistol qualification. It was painful to watch.

A few weeks back I watched a number of Navy medical students attempt to shoot the rifle and pistol qualification. It was painful to watch.

not to go all LenS on ya. [laugh] but i've ran ranges for medical units. i got a full PT work out from ducking and dodging all day. muzzle awareness was non-existant. as was trigger dicipline.

after 10 succesfull ranges ran w/o incident, my free pass expired on camp edwards and i became a lemming again. thank god. one time, i had my PHA after a range and my blood pressure was high. i saw a full bird / O-6 (captain to you navy people) look straight down the barrel of a M9. i almost got busted down for asking her what the fack?

it's like herding cats and pulling teeth. [smile]

not to go all LenS on ya. [laugh] but i've ran ranges for medical units. i got a full PT work out from ducking and dodging all day. muzzle awareness was non-existant. as was trigger dicipline.

after 10 succesfull ranges ran w/o incident, my free pass expired on camp edwards and i became a lemming again. thank god. one time, i had my PHA after a range and my blood pressure was high. i saw a full bird / O-6 (captain to you navy people) look straight down the barrel of a M9. i almost got busted down for asking her what the fack?

it's like herding cats and pulling teeth. [smile]

I doubt it. Pulling teeth usually takes about 15-20 seconds and doesn't scare the crap out of me.

The military doesn't place a high priority on pistols in general. There is never enough time or resources for really adequate training for combat support and combat service support type units. Even the M16 in concept was an "everyman's gun" that the Air Force thought would provide an adequate shoulder fired defensive weapon for not highly trained ground support personnel (in other words most of the Air Force).

My impression is that the Marines do marksmanship best and have the most personnel that are issued pistols.

I'll out myself here, I own a couple of Serpa holsters and I like them, but I can understand reservations about them. I do not carry 24/7 in a combat environment either.

Yeah, I know but I would still rather have a 230gr -.45

I carry .45acp but someone made an excellent point to me about 9mm. My 1911 ES holds 7 rounds. If I don't mind the mag sticking out I can do 8 and if I really don't mind it being stupidly long 10. A Glock 17 holds 17 rounds of 9mm in a package the size of conventional 1911 at almost half the weight. Using modern ammo the 9mm is an effective round and when the SHTF you're more than likely going to be facing multiple attackers. 17 rounds sounds better and better.

I carry .45acp but someone made an excellent point to me about 9mm. My 1911 ES holds 7 rounds. If I don't mind the mag sticking out I can do 8 and if I really don't mind it being stupidly long 10. A Glock 17 holds 17 rounds of 9mm in a package the size of conventional 1911 at almost half the weight. Using modern ammo the 9mm is an effective round and when the SHTF you're more than likely going to be facing multiple attackers. 17 rounds sounds better and better.

I would agree that the 9mm in modern loadings is an effective personal defense round, but the 124 gr NATO spec stuff is ball ammo, remember no hollowpoints or other frangible ammo for the rank and file troops. (other types of ammo are used by Spec Ops troops).

9mm Ball is not an effective manstopper.

I would agree that the 9mm in modern loadings is an effective personal defense round, but the 124 gr NATO spec stuff is ball ammo, remember no hollowpoints or other frangible ammo for the rank and file troops. (other types of ammo are used by Spec Ops troops).

9mm Ball is not an effective manstopper.

Is that still because of the Geneva Convention?

Back
Top Bottom