eat it, haters - USMC to adopt SERPA holster

The Marine Corps is ditching its 1980s-era nylon pistol holsters for new high-speed polymer gear used by U.S. special operators and law enforcement personnel, but the model chosen is the subject of a vigorous safety debate among tactical and professional shooters.

moar: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/09/marine-serpa-dangerous-new-holster-092611w/

does anyone from last month's pin shoot at NLRG have a picture of me with the warning tag that i wrapped around my glock in my SERPA holster? that would complete this thread.

So you're saying because the government selected the serpa, it must be good. The government is know for their wise, well thought out decisions

moar: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2011/09/marine-serpa-dangerous-new-holster-092611w/

does anyone from last month's pin shoot at NLRG have a picture of me with the warning tag that i wrapped around my glock in my SERPA holster? that would complete this thread.

images

if you dont want to use that piece of crap, are you allowed to get your own holster?

I had two of them and sold them. They just didn't work for me. Kudos to the Corps for trying to upgrade their equipment, thumbs down for their choice.

They've also carried in useless mushy nylon abominations for years... Not exactly the final word in tactical gear... [wink]

Actually as a combat holster it was not too bad. Only thing I did not like about it was that options to mount it anywhere else besides the belt were limited. "Tactical" does not necessarily equal good for a soldier in a combat environment, and personally I do not think they are synonymous anymore.

Last edited:
Actually as a combat holster it was not too bad. Only thing I did not like about it was that options to mount it anywhere else besides the belt was limited. "Tactical" does not necessarily equal good for a soldier in a combat environment, and personally I do not think they are synonymous anymore.
Tactical now just means "black or camo and costs more" [laugh]

As long as they're trained to call their parents if they shoot themselves in the leg I think it's ok.
they come with a pamphlet that has a Q&A:

Q: I've negligently discharged my firearm into my thigh, what should I do?
A: Call your mother and apply pressure to the wound(s) until emergency medical care arrives.

they come with a pamphlet that has a Q&A:

Q: I've negligently discharged my firearm into my thigh, what should I do?
A: Call your mother and apply pressure to the wound(s) until emergency medical care arrives.

i could really throw this thread into the full retard zone as i have a picture of me cleaning a litterbox with my 92FS in a SERPA holster (WTF, i know, right? fiancee did it)... i don't know if everyone has has enough fun with the thread yet though.

i could really throw this thread into the full retard zone as i have a picture of me cleaning a litterbox with my 92FS in a SERPA holster (WTF, i know, right? fiancee did it)... i don't know if everyone has has enough fun with the thread yet though.
It's already full-retard... You could only take it to "HeadShot" or "Bowling with Barry" from here... [laugh]

Challenge accepted!

2011-09-29_13-07-18_915.jpg

Back
Top Bottom