• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Easy Way Send Email to Rescind Healy's AR Ban

Positive rep inbound to the OP for posting the link and pointing out the email automation.

I did not use it as yesterday I sent personal emails to Sen Jen Flanagan and Rep Jon Zlotnik, and I will follow up with a phone call next week. I am also going to send written letters of support to the authors Senators Humason and Gobi.

P.S.> My wife contacted Jen Flanagan's office last week about the anti-gun bill SD.1884, Flanagan's office said in no uncertain terms that they will not support the bill.
So suck on that while you crawl back into your Newton wack-a-mole hole Sen. Creem.

Positive rep inbound to the OP for posting the link and pointing out the email automation.

I did not use it as yesterday I sent personal emails to Sen Jen Flanagan and Rep Jon Zlotnik, and I will follow up with a phone call next week. I am also going to send written letters of support to the authors Senators Humason and Gobi.

P.S.> My wife contacted Jen Flanagan's office last week about the anti-gun bill SD.1884, Flanagan's office said in no uncertain terms that they will not support the bill.
So suck on that while you crawl back into your Newton wack-a-mole hole Sen. Creem.

Yep, a phone call and written letters help too and may even be more helpful.

Done and recieved a response already.

Thank you for contacting me. I agree with your sentiments on SD1157 and SD1889 and have requested co-sponsorship. I will work with my colleagues to strongly advocate for this legislation. I am a stalwart supporter of the 2nd amendment and will be watching all legislation regarding firearms closely this session. In addition I am cosponsoring HD3321, "An act relative to hearings for firearms identification" filed by Representative Donald Berthiaume. This legislation will protect and strengthen the rights of law-abiding citizens by requiring the Attorney General to hold three hearings across the Commonwealth before removing any firearms from any approved firearm list. The actions of last summer were outrageous and we will be doing what we can to correct the situation. I believe further restrictions are an overreach of government and I will be working with my colleagues to ensure that our rights are protected.

I appreciate your advocacy and for standing with me to protect the 2nd amendment here in Massachusetts. Please feel free to contact me with any future concerns.

Sincerely,
Keiko

Does anyone know from experience whether reps/senators treat these robo-letters any differently than if it were to be personalized from a constituent?
nope, most of the dems in MA just ignore them, and the rest just mark off a book with tick marks that say pro and con on them. Then they robo reply back to you.

I got this today......

Dear Jim,

Thank you for taking the time to email me regarding the two bills you referenced. I'm supportive of all efforts to protect our Second Amendment rights, including SD1157 and 1889.

While the actions of the attorney general have done little to stop violent crime, they have had the chilling effect of infringing on the rights of law-abiding citizens. I stand with responsible, law-abiding firearms owners and against the rogue actions of the attorney general.

Please don't hesitate to contact me anytime. I appreciate your active participation.

Sincerely,
Shaunna
~~~~~~
Shaunna O'Connell
State Representative
Third Bristol District
617-722-2305
Shaunna.O'[email protected]

Shaunna O'Connell
State Representative
Third Bristol District
617-722-2305

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Higgins, Natalie - Rep. (HOU) <[email protected]>

Feb 17 (4 days ago)

to me
Robert,

Thank you for your message and your advocacy on these bills! My staff and I will take a look at these bills and get in touch with the lead sponsors to learn more.

All the best,

Natalie

Natalie Higgins

I got this reply from my representative, Paul Heroux:

"Thanks for your email. I got dozens of emails on this issue. My position on guns is that I do not interfere with the 2ND. The problem with this bill is that is it unlikely to ever come up for a vote. It is best to contact the chair of the House and Senate judiciary committees and the House Speaker and Senate President and urge them to put this up for a vote.

You can also read what I have written about guns here - http://www.paulforattleboro.com/crime-policy.html"

Thank you for reaching out with your support for these bills. I'm happy to let you know that I am signed onto both bills as a 'co-sponsor' and will push for their advancement and passage this session!

Regards,

Joseph McKenna
State Representative
18th Worcester District
(617) 722-2060

I got this reply from my representative, Paul Heroux:

"Thanks for your email. I got dozens of emails on this issue. My position on guns is that I do not interfere with the 2ND. The problem with this bill is that is it unlikely to ever come up for a vote. It is best to contact the chair of the House and Senate judiciary committees and the House Speaker and Senate President and urge them to put this up for a vote.

You can also read what I have written about guns here - http://www.paulforattleboro.com/crime-policy.html"

I do not know Rep. Heroux but I see it the same way. Very few legislators signed on as co sponsor which is not a good sign to get a bill advanced. Getting Deleo and Rosenberg on board with the legislation will be a key component for success.

Getting Deleo and Rosenberg on board with the legislation will be a key component for success.

GOAL's email and phone your Rep campaign really does seem to have some legs and that is very cool.

However, it is this key component of the bills being allowed to come to a vote that I am waiting to hear a plan for.
How are we going to cajole, embarrass, or strong-arm Rosenberg into allowing it to come to the floor after seeing his total disregard for the Bruce Tarr bill last year?

We need some sort of campaign that targets the leadership painting them as oppressive, or colluding with the AG against due process, if they do not allow these bills to come to the floor. I do not know what that looks like, but I am all in if a plan is hatched.

GOAL's email and phone your Rep campaign really does seem to have some legs and that is very cool.

However, it is this key component of the bills being allowed to come to a vote that I am waiting to hear a plan for.
How are we going to cajole, embarrass, or strong-arm Rosenberg into allowing it to come to the floor after seeing his total disregard for the Bruce Tarr bill last year?

We need some sort of campaign that targets the leadership painting them as oppressive, or colluding with the AG against due process, if they do not allow these bills to come to the floor. I do not know what that looks like, but I am all in if a plan is hatched.

Keep in mind, our side painting them as such does not work, they wear that as a badge of honor and boast about "taking on the evil gun lobby". We've already seen Healey do this. Best bet is to keep the heat on your rep/senator and cajole them into convincing leadership to get the bill to the floor.

As to the NRA thing, if you sent one of those, please follow it up with phone calls. By far the most effective communication method is calling, or better yet, an in person appointment.

Spot on. We've seen this movie before. Deleo, Rosenberg and Baker all in league with Heir Healey. They are more than happy to let her do the dirty work and assure no bills come up to vote. There is no democracy at work here.

Back
Top Bottom