• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Easton police shoot possibly armed man after chase, crash

Glockster30

NES Member
Herald's title. not mine. Uninvolved house in the neighborhood just barely survived with 5 bullet holes.

A man police say pulled what appeared to be a gun after a brief chase and a 911 call from a scared resident is in the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries after he was shot by responding officers.

One Bay Road home had five bullet holes immediately visible in its front, including one from a bullet that passed through the kitchen, said neighbor Stephen Lippert. Another bullet struck the door jamb right next to a Christmas wreath.

Lippert’s truck was shot in the left bumper, and a bullet had gone right through his camper by the side of his house, he said.

Easton Police shoots possibly armed man

Last edited:
"What appeared to be a gun"

Well what was it? The state keeps insisting police (the king's men) are "trained" better than the peons and have access to arms and peerage unknown to the peons in unconstitutional legislation rubber stamped by kangaroo courts. The inability to hit a broadside of a barn while hitting every house in the same neighborhood as the barn and inability to confirm a target before firing upon it prove otherwise.

"Officers were called to Bay Road at 2 p.m. Sunday after a woman called 911 claiming a man was knocking on her door." Most articles passing as reporting are pathetic. Is a knock on the door in the afternoon a 911 worthy event now?

"When officers approached his car, the suspect got out and brandished what they say looked like a handgun. The officers fired at the suspect, hitting him at least once, Sullivan said."

"Sullivan could not confirm if the suspect actually had a gun or fired at officers, citing the active investigation. Neither of the officers were hit but both were taken to the hospital for evaluation."

Ah, brandished what looked like a handgun, did it go bang like a handgun? If not, how could they have been hit, other than than by their own fire?

"One Bay Road home had five bullet holes immediately visible in its front, including one from a bullet that passed through the kitchen, said neighbor Stephen Lippert. Another bullet struck the door jamb right next to a Christmas wreath. Lippert’s truck was shot in the left bumper, and a bullet had gone right through his camper by the side of his house, he said." .... Easton strong.

"But The Enterprise has learned that police believe the suspect did not fire at officers and that the weapon recovered on scene may be a replica handgun.

The two police officers who initially responded to the scene, who The Enterprise has learned are both new to the department within the last three years, were taken by Sharon and Stoughton ambulances to Good Samaritan Medical Center in Brockton for precautionary reasons. A third officer, who rendered aid to the victim, was also taken to the hospital, Sullivan said."
Drop BB gun? Isn't that SOP these days? Weird thing is no name, seems they don't know it. All three officers taken to the hospital. Why was the perp radioactive? Someplace to get their story straight away from higher ups? Seems a little weird.

The home and truck and camper in said driveway also had what appeared to be a hand gun as well.
The home suffered non life threatening injuries.
And the officers were not hit by gunplay in the house stand off.

This is earwitness news from Richard Wad ,wcnn news.

Probably had his cell phone in his hand when he exited the car..................... Jeeeesus! Shoot up the hood, could have killed someone watching TV, shot a camper, shoots a truck. I seem to recall something about "know your back drop" Nope, doesn't apply to the Kings men.

I suspect that 'possibly armed' will become 'definitely armed, officers are searching for the weapon...'. That's what I'd do :D.

"Someone knocked on the door, call 911"

"Hey he has something in his hand, shoot him"

*me, over here, with a dead-battery cellphone, flat tire, and bullet wound*

If he did have a replica then I'd cut them some slack .
On the other hand knowing the basic tenant of "Know your target and what's beyond " was a dismal failure.
It's grace of God stuff that no one in that house took a hit.

Oh, for cryin out loud. I am not anti cop at all, live in a neighboring town and personally know a few cops from Easton. But if I were a cop and had to draw my firearm, I would be scared to death of missing my intended target. I wouldn't pull that trigger unless I was very confident that I was going to hit my target.
I know, adrenaline, tunnel vision etc etc, but get some training if you are going to carry a gun for a living.

Channel 7 news this morning said it was a pellet gun. I don’t blame the cops for shooting “at” the guy but they were interviewing the mother in the house that got hit a right next to the front door in the frame are multiple bullet strikes. WTF were they aiming at? I think they said the house was hit 6 times. The woman said they had bullets coming through the plaster board in the walls.

its near Brockton surprised the police weren't throwing grenades at him out of "an abundance of caution". lmao....

Any guesses on who pays for the repairs?
No doubt in my mind that it will not be the town! Homeowners or vehicle owners will have the burden, perhaps their insurance company may reimburse them?

Don’t you mean 10months or so? You’re giving the MA judicial system waaaaay too much credit.
No kidding!

Back
Top Bottom