• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eastern Rifle and Revolver Club - Lynn

i called to make sure and he said to come down on feb.27th.they seem to have upped the dues and buy in.guy on phone quoted me 250 to join even though im already an nra member.up from 190 to join!

UPDATE:Went down on 2/27 to join as they told me on 2/20 just to be told there is a waiting list of 5 people so my name made 6.(mind you I called again on 27th for confirmation before I went down)They then told me that theyre waiting on any renewals coming in as 3/1 was last day to pay dues and renew, to come back on 3/6.I call again on 3/6 to confirm just to be told that they are STILL going over renewals and to call back in 2 weeks which would be 3/20!A full month later after initial contact with a club that is "accepting new members,come on down".Now how did the deadline of 3/1 get pushed back a whole 3 weeks?!?!Does the club have 1000 members or something jeez......very unprofessional.

if thats the case then that is what shouldve been said originally.Im SURE the other 5 people above me on list feel the same as I do know 2 of them.The guy had me come down to join,then when I got there 10 minutes later as I live a mile down the road he said theres a list I had to go on with 5 in front of me.So in all actuality they are/were NOT accepting new members at that time if there were no openings.He said call back next week which was today because the deadline for all payments is 3/1.So I call today and he said theyre still trying to get all the renewals in(I was under assumption that 3/1 was indeed the "deadline" that he himself has stated.Then he said its gonna take a few weeks and call back on 3/20.By that date a month will have passed and they do not prorate the join fee,in fact it went up this year.He also stated that final notices went out second week of February on my first trip down there and 3/1 was the day theyd know who was in and who was leaving.Never took that long to join other clubs.

wowzers,now theyre holding off until "the transition"...2 more weeks now they said come down April 3 lol,theyre a joke.Said they "have a situation" where there are 20 something people wanting to get in and they have 33 people that didnt renew yet.Well if 3/1 was final date ...what is the ****in' hold up?!?!33 non renewed memberships-20 something people on waiting list=OPEN SPOTS!!!!!WTF?

wowzers,now theyre holding off until "the transition"...2 more weeks now they said come down April 3 lol,theyre a joke.Said they "have a situation" where there are 20 something people wanting to get in and they have 33 people that didnt renew yet.Well if 3/1 was final date ...what is the ****in' hold up?!?!33 non renewed memberships-20 something people on waiting list=OPEN SPOTS!!!!!WTF?

I think the members that didn't renew by the 20th have their spot held until 1st to renew but need to pay the initiation fee again.

Guess I got lucky with my timing when I joined last year. Went down on a Wednesday, filled out the form, paid my $200 and got a keycard right then. Took all of 5 minutes.

lucky you 123 lol!I just contacted AGAIN..today is April 3,2013 and AGAIN told "oh next week come down we'll PROBABLY let ya in"...I've been hearing this bullshit since I first got hold of them on 2/20!!!

My wife and I are interested in joining. Does anyone know if they are currently accepting new members? If so is tonight the night? Wednesday at 7pm?

i never heard of this place. this is an 8 year old thread with 10 posts and not much enthusiasm from folks that are members, must be a hot bed of local gun culture.

i never heard of this place. this is an 8 year old thread with 10 posts and not much enthusiasm from folks that are members, must be a hot bed of local gun culture.

It's not. Just an indoor range, 50', 6-8 lanes in the basement of a house. Been around forever. But, it's 45 seconds from my house, I go just about everyday and I am usually the only one there. membership is $100 a year. It's clean and in a nice neighborhood. Most of the members seem to be older and don't really expect to see them on the interwebs.

45 seconds? I'm jealous. I have to drive an entire 2 mins!

It's definitely a club for old people who don't show up much.

I think it's only 100 members.

Maybe we should car pool there next trip....

Not sure how they keep the lights on with so few members.

I didn't go to this year's annual meeting, but at last year's it seemed like that had a pretty well funded money market account.

I guess $100k/year is enough for heat power, taxes and new steel every once and a while.

So this club is still operational? Is there an additional first year fee? Place is like 10 minutes from me, might have to check it out

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Yes, it is operational.

I believe the first year is an additional $100.

It's best to try showing up on a Wednesday night. Maybe around 7? There's usually a few guys, including the president, hanging around.
There' no sponsorship required, you just need to be an NRA member.

Back
Top Bottom