• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eastern NH get together?

Eastern NH get together, where should it be?

• Tuckaway Tavern, Raymond

Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Holy Grail, Epping

Votes: 18 64.3%
  • Chopshop Pub, Seabrook

Votes: 5 17.9%

• Total voters
Hey folks, there are a bunch of us close to the coast of NH, so how about a get together? I've not been to the couple of gatherings over on the other side of manchester because it just hasn't worked out, as it's a pretty good ride. I'm thinking something in Portsmouth, Dover, Rochester, Epping, Northwood area. Up for ideas, so let's hear them and I'll put up a poll in a few days if there's some interest.

I'd really like to meet some of the people I interact with here who are local to me, and maybe plan some shoots or something.

In if it happens soon, work goes full retard after the first week of Apr.

Tuckaway Tavern in Raymond is solid spot for grub and beer if not on a Friday or Saturday night, they get slammed.

One of my favorites is the Holy Grail in Epping, great food, and a bunch if good beer on tap. I've heard good things about Tuckaway too. Probably a good idea to stay out of Portsmouth, to keep the hipsters from wetting their pants.

Goddamit, I want to be in, but I don't think I can bring a newborn to a meet, and I think the wife would murder me if I left her home with the baby, this soon [crying]

Okay, we'll leave the venue open for a couple of days, but front runners seem to be The Holy Grail and Chopshop Pub. As far as timing, a weekend isn't probably a good idea, as most places will be wicked busy, so how about Wednesday or Thursday....March 26/27 or April 2/3?

Okay, we'll leave the venue open for a couple of days, but front runners seem to be The Holy Grail and Chopshop Pub. As far as timing, a weekend isn't probably a good idea, as most places will be wicked busy, so how about Wednesday or Thursday....March 26/27 or April 2/3?

Those dates sound good to me.

The 25th is the strafford county republican meeting so there is no conflict there. (BTW, strafford county members, PM me for meeting details).

Also, Betsy McCaughey (Author of Beating Obamacare: 2014) will be in Dover on the 27th for a dinner. Frank Guinta and Bob Smith will be there as well (PM me for info).

I don't know of anything conflicting on March 26 or April 2/3

Is it that bad?

Probably not, but I've heard some stories from some of the blue collar types around here that frequent it in the summer. I've never been there myself, but from what I've heard, it's not the kind of place you'd want to take the wife and kids. Specifically, I've heard that some of the um, "contracted talent" from the aforementioned Leather and Lace frequent it on the weekends to "supplement their income", if you catch my drift, hahaha.

Last edited:
Okay, I put a poll at the top of this thread. Still open to suggestions, but these are the places that have been suggested. I'm kinda leaning toward the Tuckaway, as the menu looks great.

I voted for The Holy Grail. I've never been there and hear it is a good place. Epping is also a little more central of a location than Seabrook. Also, there are likely to be less distractions.... [laugh].

I voted Tuckaway, because that is my favorite spot in NH, but I am down for anything and poser biker bars full of hookers don't scare me.

Back
Top Bottom