• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eastern Mass Rifle League......How'd everyone do?

It was a miserable day. I was cold and wet all day. I shot a crappy score and think I feel a cold coming on.

And I'd do it again tomorrow if I didn't have to work. [grin]

Amen jasons.

I shot a reasonable score (considering the miserable conditions). At least I think so. It was pretty hard to read the running ink on the score sheet toward the end.
I left on my duster, and wide brimmed outback hat when I shot the last relay. It was coming down cold and steady by then, and I was glad I had both.
Let's hope that next week makes up for it. Hell, let's be optimistic. Bring bug spray!

JR

Last edited:
overall not upset. 190x2. threw 2 8's that just didnt need to happen. the girlfriend shot a 181x1 (a personal best for her...i'm quite proud).

sun.gif

It seems we may be able to leave the rain coats and trash bags home this week.... nice. - JR

Last edited:
oh c'mon. I was getting used to that gray fuzzy blob at the end of my front sight post... [laugh]

overall not upset. 190x2. threw 2 8's that just didnt need to happen. the girlfriend shot a 181x1 (a personal best for her...i'm quite proud).
She got me by one point! I'd be pissed at her if she wasn't so damn cute!! lol

The sun was out.....it was such a pleasant day......and Week 2 found me shooting terrible. I do believe I shoot better in the rain and wind. My daughter beat me by 11 points.

Another EMRL in the books. We had a pretty rough week 1 (I'll blame the weather for some of that), but did better weeks 2 and 3. The team (as well as me individually) did better than we have the last few years, which is nice, but you know what they say...
Even a bad day shooting...

Now I'll put the M77 away until next November. Time to break out my F-TR tactical rig for a summer of 600 yard games!
camo11.jpg

JR

Last edited:
What a beautiful day to be out on the line. Shot second relay and ended up with a 181-1X. Scored for Reading Silver on the third relay.
My daughter shot a 180-1X.
I hope to be up at Reading for a few matches thru the season as I now have weekends free from here on in!
CJC

What a beautiful day to be out on the line. Shot second relay and ended up with a 181-1X. Scored for Reading Silver on the third relay.
My daughter shot a 180-1X.
I hope to be up at Reading for a few matches thru the season as I now have weekends free from here on in!
CJC

I got you with x's. 181-2 [grin]

It was a great day, perfect weather, and a bunch of great people to hang out with. Big thanks to Glen for running the line (which I know was a bit of a challenge.)

If you haven't seen them yet, scores and standings are here:
http://www.emrl.org/EMRL/

Congrads to Duane & Jeff!

That was some fine shooting, 95 avg for Jeff and 96 avg for Duane....

That is some hard offhand holding!

thanks for the kind words george. at this point, i owe 90% of it to good coaching (thanks dave, charlie, duane, mikey, etc). broke some bad habits, and more aggressive on the trigger. makes all the difference. i've got my goals for the year, and High Master is one of them :)

Jeff,
You may or may not know how fortunate you are to be in with a group of high quality shooters as the ones you listed that are willing to help people get all the way to HM. Many clubs have people that can/will help newer shooters but not many clubs have accomplished shooters that will mentor people all the way to HM. Reading is exceptional at that!

PS: I love that rapid fire monkey in your sig... LOL!

Back
Top Bottom