• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

EASTERN FRONT SHOOTOUT! 1940/147 K98k vs. 1939 Ishevek M91/30

I don't have any of the milsurps you guys are talking about, just a few U.S. milsurps, but I'd love to come and watch and maybe help set targets or help out any way I could.

Sorry guys, I just cant pull this off by the time the MFG club elections are held. Given all of the prep time needed and the RSO's required by NES to run an event posted here I just cant get it done in time. The posted sign up sheet, pre payment etc. etc.

I am taking some vacation time in August and no offense I really don't want to spend it preparing for an event. Dont get me wrong I enjoy all of our events but the work involved is tremendous and very time consuming.

Maybe the next president will be a NES member and have the same interests we all share.

Both myself and Tim (majspud) are members of Sippican. We could host 8 guests between the 2 of us and get something small going at the 100 yard range. We'd ony need 2 shooting stations and a few target stands to get some friendly competition going. This is easily done early on a Saturday or Sunday morning at 10am.

Excellent! I'm in, if the final date is right.

Some other match-ups I'd like to see:

French MAS 49 vs. FN-49 (any flavor)

I am a C&R noob, and would probably be embarrassed to shoot with you guys, but have a Venezuelan FN-49 and a K31 that may be interested in joining the fun depending on the date/time/location.

I am a C&R noob, and would probably be embarrassed to shoot with you guys, but have a Venezuelan FN-49 and a K31 that may be interested in joining the fun depending on the date/time/location.

Never feel embarrassed. This is more just a get together and a good time. Heck look at some of the targets posted here...there look like shotgun patterns..[laugh]..only kidding guys...just trying to get the point across its more about getting together and sharing information etc. as it is to shoot.

Ray I am in...picked out my rifle and have been practicing ...hey does a M39 Mosin count or do I have to use a 91/30?

Fred, if you need someone to hold your dueling cloak I volunteer buddy!!!

I don't know how many guests Ray has lined up so far, but I'd like to watch this match and see you "CRUSH" the Spud!!!![smile][wink] LOLOL

For the record, this won't be a big milsurp event or an NES shoot. It'll be a small and friendly contest between a handful of us who collect and shoot these surplus rifles. This prevents Tim and I from having to go to the next meeting and pitch the idea of a surplus shoot, X number of people coming, rules, wait on a decision and then final date, etc. etc. I hate to close the invite to some who may be interested in coming, but we simply can't hold a public shoot w/out a few months notice and thats even if we had the ok. Non Sippican members will be the guests of Tim and I and we will be held responsible for any actions.

A simple K98 vs 91/30 match up sounds good to me. Anything left over that we bring is gravy.

We'll have to pick a day when there isn't a work party or event planned. I'm planning for morning at 10am sharp. Thats what time shooting starts and gives us time to secure a few stations and target stands. A Saturday might be better because the Sunday morning breakfast crowd brings in a lot of people. Unless of course people want to meet at 8:30/9:00am on a Sunday and have breakfast before we shoot, the club serves a great breakfast Sunday mornings for a $4 donation. After we eat, we can head over to the firing line and get started.

When something gets rolling I suggest we take this to PMs.

If this goes well, and I don't see any reason why it won't, I'll pitch the idea of a small surplus shoot thats open to everyone. Maybe in a controlled environment with only 1 range used, the BOD will approve it.

Last edited:
Well guys it looks like I will have to throw up the flag of defeat. I have my son this weekend and his mother is against firearms...I know I know, how could I have been with a woman who doesn't like firearms....all I can say is in my youth I drank a little....ok more than a little[wink].

He is a great kid and when he hits 18, just a few years from now, he wants to learn to shoot so we both will have the last laugh.

But back to the shoot out. I cant make it so it goes to the Mauser by default. Have a great times guys...I wish I was going if for no other reason just to get to the range and check in with you folks.

I'm still planning on being at Sippican next Sunday morning 8/8. I'll have a Mauser carbine & Mosin 91/30 and maybe some other stuff like a Swiss K31.

Back
Top Bottom