• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Eastern Bank - anti gun

Well I'd say I agree with you except Eastern runs a very good Firearms Insurance program and the guy running that division is very pro gun. It's hard in that if you stop doing business with every company that might be on the anti gun side you'd be buying just about nothing. Plus there isn't another insurance option that isn't twice the price. Yes I agree their message and support sucks, but I don't see me moving to a different company at this point.

The insurance company is a wholly owned subsidiary according to the website. Like I was said, I was bummed to see the insurance company linked.

I'm sure that their is a holding company and then separate companies for each function. Yes, all report to the mothership (holding company) but decisions are usually made at each corporate level.

If you're otherwise a happy customer, why not a letter to their corporate office expressing your displeasure, as a first step, rather than stopping doing business with them entirely?

There goes my account.

Don't just leave. Being an upset but still engaged customer is much more effective. Talk to the branch manager, politely expressing your dismay that they would pick sides in a political battle, and how to contact the CEO. For all I know the CEO could be a hardcore anti but if you remember with Clear Channel communication they had been living in this liberal state for so long they didn't even realize that there was a large group of paying customers who strongly disagree with the person they were helping out. Write a nice letter saying you hope they would reconsider such action in the future as its hard to do business with a firm that supports individuals who are supporting trampling on your rights (or something to that effect)

"John and his colleagues at Stop Handgun Violence have helped Massachusetts become the national leader in gun violence prevention."

Utter horseshit if they actually looked at crime instead of just citing their emotions as data points. Buncha ****wits.

If you're otherwise a happy customer, why not a letter to their corporate office expressing your displeasure, as a first step, rather than stopping doing business with them entirely?
This isn't some local fundraiser. They went all out with a multimillion dollar gala. They have shown their colors. Do you expect them to highlight Eddie Eagle next year?

Eastern Bank seems to suck anyways. When I needed to move my accounts out of my home city I looked into 5 different medium sized banks and scored them based on rates and policies.

Eastern was by far the worst. East Boston won out.

I
Don't just leave. Being an upset but still engaged customer is much more effective. Talk to the branch manager, politely expressing your dismay that they would pick sides in a political battle, and how to contact the CEO. For all I know the CEO could be a hardcore anti but if you remember with Clear Channel communication they had been living in this liberal state for so long they didn't even realize that there was a large group of paying customers who strongly disagree with the person they were helping out. Write a nice letter saying you hope they would reconsider such action in the future as its hard to do business with a firm that supports individuals who are supporting trampling on your rights (or something to that effect)
I'm leaving anyways. Customer support there is crappy. Fraud prevention non existent.

It's disappointing to hear this.
I get twice the coverage for half the price compared to what I paid for the NRA insurance. I've already renewed for this year but will have to start looking around.

Len, did you find anything close? I hate to support a place that would recognize rosenthal for violence prevention when his actions if anything are more likely to lead to more violence against the innocent.
I guess eastern didn't check the violent crime stats of Ma. compared to NH,VT & ME.

Sadly you won't find anything better. BTDT

Len, did you find anything close? I hate to support a place that would recognize rosenthal for violence prevention when his actions if anything are more likely to lead to more violence against the innocent.
I guess eastern didn't check the violent crime stats of Ma. compared to NH,VT & ME.

Riders on homeowners cost 4x what Eastern Insurance charges for the same (but probably not the same) coverage. Risk is on a claim they may cancel your homeowners, not always but was warned by my prior company wrt increased computer coverage I had back when I was doing consulting work. Most likely will require a list of what you own, also likely S/Ns as well.

NRA was 2x what Eastern Insurance charges.

Collectibles was next, more expensive than what Eastern Insurance charges (don't recall the delta) AND it would not cover carry guns or any guns you shot more than a couple of times/year. Designed for "displays" and museum type collections that never leave your home. Required a list of what you owned.

Eastern Insurance has no such caveats, covers shipping insurance as well, etc. None of the risks above and no names/model numbers/S/Ns (unless a particular item is extremely valuable, either $5K or 10K is the trip point, don't recall which).

Over time I've used all of the above except a rider on homeowners.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd let Jack Richardson (VP of Eastern Insurance and founder of the insurance plan under discussion) know your displeasure and let him push this uphill as it undermines the business that Jack created for them. If you do so, please do it respectfully as Jack is one of us, a shooter and probably as displeased as we are over what occurred.

Thanks Len. It is a great deal and as you stated they make it very easy with no listings or SN's of the firearms.

Riders on homeowners cost 4x what Eastern Insurance charges for the same (but probably not the same) coverage. Risk is on a claim they may cancel your homeowners, not always but was warned by my prior company wrt increased computer coverage I had back when I was doing consulting work. Most likely will require a list of what you own, also likely S/Ns as well.

NRA was 2x what Eastern Insurance charges.

Collectibles was next, more expensive than what Eastern Insurance charges (don't recall the delta) AND it would not cover carry guns or any guns you shot more than a couple of times/year. Designed for "displays" and museum type collections that never leave your home. Required a list of what you owned.

Eastern Insurance has no such caveats, covers shipping insurance as well, etc. None of the risks above and no names/model numbers/S/Ns (unless a particular item is extremely valuable, either $5K or 10K is the trip point, don't recall which).

Over time I've used all of the above except a rider on homeowners.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd let Jack Richardson (VP of Eastern Insurance and founder of the insurance plan under discussion) know your displeasure and let him push this uphill as it undermines the business that Jack created for them. If you do so, please do it respectfully as Jack is one of us, a shooter and probably as displeased as we are over what occurred.

they suck. i paid off a three year car loan early, never missed a payment, and when i went to apply for a different loan they declined me. **** 'em if they don't want my business--went elsewhere (DCU) and had no problems.

Monday.....

# of lives Rosenthal has saved: zero. But he sure gets a lot of publicity.

Excerpt:

Mr. Rosenthal’s organization is focused solely on passing legislation and considers the 1998 gun laws in Massachusetts a triumph. Here are some facts about what has happened in Boston since those laws were passed according to Criminologist James Alan Fox and other sources:

• In 1998 there were 20 gun homicides in Boston. In 2014 there were 52.
• In 2014 Boston police recovered 1,053 illegal firearms, up 58%.
• The percentage of homicides committed with guns increased from 50% to 85%.
• Robberies with guns increased 21% and Aggravated Assaults 27%.
• According to the 2006 Census, Massachusetts is the most violent state in the Northeast.

To those of us in the city, it’s pretty obvious: criminals do not obey laws. The gun laws in Massachusetts inconvenience law-abiding citizens but do nothing to prevent crime.

Back
Top Bottom