Easter Trap Shoot at Southborough Rod & Gun Club

MisterHappy

NES Member
On the 16 yard line, shootin' for the Lewis!
This Sunday, April 8, Southborough Rod & Gun Club will be holding its Annual Easter Egg Hunt Trap event!

Collect the most Easter Eggs (break the most Green birds) and win a prize!

We'll have other games, too, based on interest (Like Adios and Backup)

The Fun starts at 1:00

Open to Members and Guests, New shooters welcome.

general Club Info: www.srgclub.com

If you're coming to the GOAL Cup Trap shoot, this is a good opportunity to see the venue, too.

SRGC is a Non-Tox club - Ammo will be available.

See you at the Top of the Hill....and bring a friend!

I will most likely be at the in-laws for late lunch early dinner however if I can I might swing by early.

For those who have never been, I sooo encourage you to. The facility is top notch and everyone's great. I've taken friends and they loved it.

I've never shot Trap before and I've been looking for a more suitable test for my new-to-me Wingmaster. Sounds like a definite opportunity.

Couple of things for people new to Trap (which will make your experience better):

Tell the Trapezoids on the desk that you're new to the game, so they can tell you what you need to know

Bring cash, preferably small bills. It gets tough to make change after a few people show up with 20s right at the start.

Don't try to hustle to keep up with a fast squad of experienced shooters....that's how "oopsies" happen. Go at your pace, your score is the one you're shooting for.

If you're not sure, ask before you act. There are 3 sets of rules: Safe Gun Handling (3As); Rules of Trap; and the etiquette of a given club. All are important.

Relax. I've never run into a place where you get your b@lls busted for missing when you're a new shooter.....when the peanut gallery makes duck noises when you miss, then, you've arrived! [laugh]

Have fun tasting the Orange Kool-Aid.

Note - this is specifically for SRGC....but it applies pretty much everywhere I've shot.

This Sunday, April 8, Southborough Rod & Gun Club will be holding its Annual Easter Egg Hunt Trap event!

Collect the most Easter Eggs (break the most Green birds) and win a prize!

We'll have other games, too, based on interest (Like Adios and Backup)

The Fun starts at 1:00

Open to Members and Guests, New shooters welcome.

general Club Info: www.srgclub.com

If you're coming to the GOAL Cup Trap shoot, this is a good opportunity to see the venue, too.

SRGC is a Non-Tox club - Ammo will be available.

See you at the Top of the Hill....and bring a friend!

MisterHappy, estimated round count or duration of the easter egg hunt? I'd love to come but gotta make it home in time for dinner!!

Generally, we have a few "hunt" rounds, each with a small prize. If it's all experienced shooters, "poaching" will be allowed (i.e. shooting misses of the person before you, if they're green) if everyones's game, in a squad.

There's generally a lot of hooting and quacking when the green ones get away, so be warned! [laugh]

It's not a Marathon, or anything...if you get there early, you'll get out quickly-ish.

Depending on the number of Committee folks, we may have all three fields open. I'm not sure if I'll be able to be there...work [frown] ....but we'll ger 'er done!

Back
Top Bottom