East Hartford Police say that Glock 17s can’t shoot straight!

DeadEyeDan

NES Member

I would say it’s the shooters not the guns...

I currently have a 20, 26 and 34... and owned a 19 in the past and they all shoot better then I could take advantage of.

Last edited:
Give them back S&W .38 revolvers again and let them be cut for moon clips...

We all know that the majority of cops can’t shoot well, don’t train on their own and some don’t even know how to break down their pistols, mags and put them back together.

That said, we also know that generally there are a handful of cops in each dept that are fantastic shooters, just naturals or competition shooters, and whenever there’s someone at the range that says “this gun don’t shoot straight!” we kind of laugh and find one of these guys that’re bullseye type shooters, @lowbuckbob for example, and then they fire it and either say you’re right, somethings wrong here or you’re wrong it shoots fine, you just suck.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they have already had some good shooters test the alleged crooked guns long before they decided to go public with this statement if for nothing else than to save themselves the embarrassment of someone walking up and doing just that with them.

I think there may be more to this that hasn’t come out yet. Also possible that they’re ‘protesting’ the 30lb trigger pulls in a way that gets some attention.

“Let’s avoid a needless tragedy and get this problem fixed NOW.”

If their sights are off, why don't they get a sight pusher and fix the sights?

I never heard of this.

This department must be full of idiots.

Who is their department armorer?

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they have already had some good shooters test the alleged crooked guns long before they decided to go public with this statement if for nothing else than to save themselves the embarrassment of someone walking up and doing just that with them.

Nope, I don't give the police dept. bureaucrats that much credit. If it were true that they had properly tested the pistols, and had they then contacted Glock, it would have been solved immediately by the manufacturer. And that would have been the thoughtful way to handle it. So by going public first, I have to believe they don't know what they are talking about, which is always the best assumption when considering bureaucrats.

My buddy went to Capitol Police Back in ‘04. He was issued a G22. When training at FLETC he couldn’t hit shit. He’d be better off throwing the piece at a bad guy. I saw his duty gun a few months after graduation and I was in complete aww. The rear sight was drifted so far left it rubbed his holster. That is how they got him to qualify instead of training through his piss poor mechanics.

Poor popo, let's just take their Glocks away and get them a bigger rape whistle![rofl2]
No officer needs to be walking the streets with guns, restricting the rights of peaceful protesters.
They put the safety of the protesters at an extremely high risk of violence by bringing firearms into their right to peaceful assembly.[smile]

Open mouth, insert foot![laugh]

Hand said Glocks to me at the range.
Precede to shoot the black out of the target.
Falling on floor laughing as I say "Yall, can't handle a fotay!".
Glocky to powerful for poor wittle popo to handle!
I suggest a 33 round magazine to correct the problem.[slap]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom