• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Easiest way to transfer firearms.

A Pal O Mine told me you can complete a firearms transfer online and don't need to involve an FFL. If that's not correct where can you get 6 or 8 copies of the proper forms. Also is there a limit to the number of transfers you can do in a year?I thought you had to at least do a face to face. Geez i hope this is not another stupid question.

Four ftf in a calendar year. The rest at ffl. No paper any longer. This may not be accurate as the laws change at the whim of the lawmaking AG. My apologies if not the case.

There is no such thing as a stupid question,just stupid people that as then. LOL just kidding.

Both need to be MA residents with valid permits and then you can do a F2F transfer via the eFA-10 portal. This replaces the old paper form.

You are limited to 4 SALES, not purchases via F2F transactions in one calendar year.

The seller fills out the form, btw. When you buy a gun from an FFL, they do this too.

As the buyer, make sure you get a copy. Save or print at the time of the transaction or you can't get later for free/easily.

Thanks a lot guys. This was the fastest way to get an accurate responses without to much ridicule. Hopefully the portal is easier to navigate than 95% of the states websites.
Granted I ask some pretty dumb azz questions but the assistance was greatly appreciated this time. Just think life, family, happiness, dreams, aspirations, ect going straight down the chitter. It sucks the life right out of you and if i asked the question in person i would cry. Not really.. i am a manly man and manly men don't cry.

Back
Top Bottom