• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Easiest state to get a machine gun?

OK. So lets say I was a NH resident.

Would I require state/local approval?

Would the federal approval require me to be interviewed in person?

You'd need federal paperwork ($200 tax stamp on an "Application for Tax Paid Transfer And Registration Of Firearm" aka Form 4), and as part of that paperwork your chief of police (or top local LEO) would need to sign off on the forms and do your prints on an FBI card. If you are a trust or other corporate entity then there is no local LEO signature or fingerprint check. There is no "Federal interview."

That's about it. Pony up the (usually considerable amount of) cash for a transferable machine gun, and good to go once the paperwork comes back from BATFE.

This question is just dumb and can only come from some member of the Brady campaign or other left wing org. Just leave.

Anyone really interested in owning a machine gun would have already known the details and would have asked a more intelligent question.

You are probably the same person that been calling gun shops harrasing them about the fact a person can buy as many guns as they want every day.

This question is just dumb and can only come from some member of the Brady campaign or other left wing org. Just leave.

Anyone really interested in owning a machine gun would have already known the details and would have asked a more intelligent question.

You are probably the same person that been calling gun shops harrasing them about the fact a person can buy as many guns as they want every day.
+1

Isn't Vermont the easiest local state to buy/own a machine gun????

Most of the free states are the same, although some of them have more anti chiefs than others, but there usually is more than one way to work around that problem... Trust/Corp/LLC, or in some states, butter up the county Sheriff with a nice donation to his reelection campaign. [laugh] (No, I'm not kidding).

In NH there may be some anti chiefs, but anyone I know up there who has obtained NFA devices has not had trouble getting signoffs, outside of the "the chief is too busy" problem, but that can happen anywhere.

-Mike

Looking at your only 19 posts it all sounds fishy to me. Everything you have posted on NES so far has bordered on the edge of legal, making trigger lock keys, an SKS mag with 11 rounds just for example.

Just my opinion and pictures are a dime a dozen on the internet, could be anyone shooting in your "pic of me"

I smell a troll. Boston Globe possibly? how long until the info garnered here shows up in the next anti-gun article?

I withdraw my accusation.

We all need to be vigilant for suspected trolls. Too many calls to gun shops lately asking dumb questions on guns and laws from them. And in Mass the Globe is always stepping over the line vilifying gun owners as well as the TV stations. They would love to garner more info they could twist to scare the public and politicians to futher the liberal agenda. They are already among us on this board, we just need to watch out for them. Sometime the trigger finger is alittle itchy when coming accross a new poster with questions like the original post.

My appologies to Core-Lokt. Welcome to NES. Now go green.

I withdraw my accusation.

We all need to be vigilant for suspected trolls. Too many calls to gun shops lately asking dumb questions on guns and laws from them. And in Mass the Globe is always stepping over the line vilifying gun owners as well as the TV stations. They would love to garner more info they could twist to scare the public and politicians to futher the liberal agenda. They are already among us on this board, we just need to watch out for them. Sometime the trigger finger is alittle itchy when coming accross a new poster with questions like the original post.

My appologies to Core-Lokt. Welcome to NES. Now go green.

didja ever think that its simply because the gun laws here are impossibly hard for most people to understand? why do you think we have at least three lawyers on this site who constantly clarify things related to gun law? but hey, i am glad you are deciding who can post on a public forum... way to support that free speech thing! BTW.. if the globe is gonna write an article about guns, something tells me that its gonna be an anti gun article no matter if this site was here or not.... so please remember the whole point of this discussion forum is to discuss, not always agree. sorry for derailing, but it pisses me off when the first thing you say to someone is accusing them of being a troll. way to keep the new members around![frown]

Back
Top Bottom