Easiest and hardest guns to clean....

For ease. I like the Sig Pxxx series. I've heard the Glocks are easy, but I've also heard that they require the user to pull the trigger as part of the stripping process. I don't know if this is true, but if so it appears to violate rule 1 of firearms safety.

Yes, that is true. When you fire to slide lock or unload the pistol, the striker ends up in the cocked position. You need to decock it to field strip it, and the only way to do this is to pull the trigger.

I'm not sure how this violates Rule 1 any more than the practice of dry firing.

Ruger 10/22 = complete pain in the ass. I am fairly particular about most of my guns , but that little rifler just gets brake cleaner sprayed in it nowadays.

P22 was horrible , until after a few years , i read the directions : that useless little plastic rod that came with it is the trick to reassembly. No problem now.

Easy: Beretta 92, Sig 22x, Glock, M&P

Moderate: 1911, 3rd gen S&W semiautos, AR15

Difficult: Ruger .22 pistols gen I,II,III

Put it up for trade rather than clean it: Walther G22

P22 was horrible , until after a few years , i read the directions : that useless little plastic rod that came with it is the trick to reassembly. No problem now.

I actually find the P22 pretty easy to take apart and reassemble. Then again, I find the only part of the 10/22 that's a pain is getting the bolt back into the receiver.

The Glock is easy, but so are the S&W 39 and 59 series semis.

I guess I'd have to say that the S&W revolvers are the hardest to clean.

Gary

Back
Top Bottom