Earth Enters Unknown as Magnetic North Pole Continues Push Toward Russia, Crosses Greenwich Meridian-We're all gonna flip over

It could be! I'm actually pretty sure earthquakes are caused by pumping oil... The oil lubricates the plates, so removing it is a really bad idea. Meanwhile all these idiots are worried about carbon, ie plant food. We should be going 100% nuclear.
'Oil is lubricating the tectonic plates? Sound like bovine excrement to me. Can anyone provide some credible sources to support that? There's a reason nuclear power plants are being decommissioned. Because they're dangerous and the waste products they produce are a bit problematic to dispose of.

Where's Santa's Gulag?
FIFY

Ded-Moroz-Putin-2.jpg

It could be! I'm actually pretty sure earthquakes are caused by pumping oil... The oil lubricates the plates, so removing it is a really bad idea. Meanwhile all these idiots are worried about carbon, ie plant food. We should be going 100% nuclear.

Or maybe the oil is the fuel keeping the Earth's inner core burning. Nuclear is our only option going forward, electric cars won't work without a major power upgrade countrywide.

First, hear that whoosh sound?

Second, you need to actually research nuclear and not the panicked nonsense spewed endlessly by the legacy media and politicians. Google liquid thorium thorium reactor. Very safe. Solves most energy needs. Low environmental impact, lower than everything else. Meltdown impossible. Can't really build a, bomb out of it. We have enough thorium for thousands of years.

Pole procession has been going on since day one as have periodic reversals. Nothing new here but another convenient scare tactic. Reversals have been know about for over a century.

Pole procession has been going on since day one as have periodic reversals. Nothing new here but another convenient scare tactic. Reversals have been know about for over a century.

While true, the last one was 3/4 of a million years ago and humans didn’t experience it. We don’t know what it will do to various ecosystems where animals rely on navigating with the magnetic field. We also don’t know if it’ll do anything to electronics sensitive to EM energy. Chances are that not much will happen. But there are possibilities.

First, hear that whoosh sound?

Second, you need to actually research nuclear and not the panicked nonsense spewed endlessly by the legacy media and politicians. Google liquid thorium thorium reactor. Very safe. Solves most energy needs. Low environmental impact, lower than everything else. Meltdown impossible. Can't really build a, bomb out of it. We have enough thorium for thousands of years.
???

While true, the last one was 3/4 of a million years ago and humans didn’t experience it. We don’t know what it will do to various ecosystems where animals rely on navigating with the magnetic field. We also don’t know if it’ll do anything to electronics sensitive to EM energy. Chances are that not much will happen. But there are possibilities.
It is believed that full reversals take one to several thousand years to complete...critters will adapt or die off as is always the case. Partial 'reversals' if you can call them that... maybe 'Temporary Planetary Magnetic Confusion' is better, happens more frequently than reversals. My main concern if a reversal happens in my lifetime is re-painting the needle on my Brunton Hand Transit and, more importantly, what color to paint 'North'...or is it 'South'... hmmm...

Everything in 2019 is unprecedented, yet you almost always find out it's happened a million times before.

It is believed that full reversals take one to several thousand years to complete...critters will adapt or die off as is always the case. Partial 'reversals' if you can call them that... maybe 'Temporary Planetary Magnetic Confusion' is better, happens more frequently than reversals. My main concern if a reversal happens in my lifetime is re-painting the needle on my Brunton Hand Transit and, more importantly, what color to paint 'North'...or is it 'South'... hmmm...
Oh yeah, I don’t think it’ll be an apocalyptic event. But it’s still worth consideration of effects. Also, with the rate of shift, I think the thousand year estimate may be pulled out of some scientists’ butts. We’ve never observed it before, and on the scale of a million years, it’s hard to separate the duration of a single flip.

The primary danger of pole reversal is two part. The first is as the pole moves it alters how and wear solar radiation enters the atmosphere which has many potential side effects.

The second possibility is the poles don't reverse, but instead subside significantly in strength for a time and then flip at a later time. This has been geologically documented and would have severe consequences on surface life, especially during high solar activity.
There are a few theories that we find older cave civilizations because there were times during human history that spending any extended periods out in direct sunlight was harmful.

So it won't happen in 24 hours like in a movie? And I can't fix it by drilling a hole to the core and exploding a nuke?

Back
Top Bottom