EARPLUGS

Does anyone remember or have the name of the company that does custom fitting of earplugs like they did a few years back at the NER at Harvard . The guy took a mold of your ear and then then sent them to you or met at another match . i understand they now have the style that blocks out just the shot now .
thanks for any help

tom

I think it was a different guy at NER a few years ago. However I have nothing but good things to say about Steve Brown from ear safety systems. I have two pairs from him and am happy with them.

I went to my ear doctor/audiologist. They will custom fit them, in a color or colors of your choice, guarantee the fit and make sure that they are doing the job by performing a hearing test prior to fitting the plugs to get baseline and when wearing them to ensure that they actually fit/work as expected. Some guy working at a gun show or out of his living room certainly does not give me any confidence as to function of an earplug. Why not just squirt a bit of silicone into your ear with a caulking gun? That would certainly save a few bucks.

I got a pair of custom-molded plugs from Steve Brown from Ear Safety Systems about 4 years ago. They still work great!

How does the molding work with severe ear hair?

When I got mine done they trimmed me up.... and yes you will need to trim again as the hair when enough of it will keep the plugs from seating. I often think of laser hair removal ?

Does anyone remember or have the name of the company that does custom fitting of earplugs like they did a few years back at the NER at Harvard . The guy took a mold of your ear and then then sent them to you or met at another match . i understand they now have the style that blocks out just the shot now .
thanks for any help

tom

Steve Brown did mine and they're still holding up well after at least a couple years.

Steve shoots and supports a lot of action pistol / USPSA type matches, so it's very likely that he was the guy you saw at the NER.

Actually I think Steve has a set of paddle bits and a cordless drill in his kit. Just make sure you choose the correct size for your ear hole and don't drill too deep.

All kidding aside though, I'd love to have a really good ear hair trimmer. I have the misses do mine with electric hair clippers but it ain't so great.

All kidding aside though, I'd love to have a really good ear hair trimmer. I have the misses do mine with electric hair clippers but it ain't so great.

Wifey got me something similar to these when she decided I was looking a little too homeless once.

http://home.wahl.com/Products/Men'sGrooming/Ear,NoseBrow/5640-1001

I don't get ear hair, but if I let my nose go too long it starts to look like a battalion-level fast roping exercise.

(Ever have one of those "Why TF am I posting this" moments?)

Back
Top Bottom