• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Early Season

Good Luck. I used to try for them a few years back when I had decoys and Crane Meadow was open (without all those new houses).

Nowadays I get too frustrated when they spook just outside of range. I don't go exclusively for them anymore, just by chance when out duck hunting.

geese.jpg

I've never been but have wanted to go. I'm trying to find some time to head out and give it a go this year. Unfortunately I haven't had scouting time or experience.

First time out will be this year. Sturbridge area, we'll see how it goes. Took the waterfowl class through Mass Wildlife last weekend so I can supposedly id them as they fly overhead, out of range.

Out of range hah thats what the 10 gauge 3 1/2 " magnums are for I have a few spots I want to try out just hope the weather is cool not much fun when it is 80 degrees out.

im definitly going i tried last year but didint get one but that was just mostly hopelessly wandering around trying to find one.

this year i have decoys and a call so im hopeing it goes much better :)

Been out the last 2 Saturdays and got skunked. All of out primo early season fields still have corn on them. Guys i go with go everyday and they bagged 30 so far, we'll see what happens this Saturday.

Back
Top Bottom