• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Early Goose SE Mass

Anyone going out for early goose starting next week and need some extra help or willing to have a tagalong?

I went out last year for late goose, but didn't have much luck, the public areas to hunt don't seem to be where they are feeding. I have a couple dozen decoys, waders, and both 10 & 12 ga guns.

Anyone going out for early goose starting next week and need some extra help or willing to have a tagalong?

I went out last year for late goose, but didn't have much luck, the public areas to hunt don't seem to be where they are feeding. I have a couple dozen decoys, waders, and both 10 & 12 ga guns.
Yeah those honkers love the most densely populated areas of the commonwealth. I was doing some trap shooting during the night last year out of season and almost turned to fire above when a group of them flew over. So tempted.

Years ago I was out kayaking in the first week of September, and I brought the short sxs along just in case. It was 80 degrees and I was in nothing but a bathing suit. I was up against the shore line and heard a group of geese coming in from behind the tree line and the foliage was still so thick they couldn’t see me. I plucked the gun out of the hold, raised, clicked the safety off and put a payload of 3” Black Cloud BB into the last trailing goose as they passed over. Almost fell out of the damn kayak from the recoil. That bird hit the water like The fat kid in The Sandlot doing a cannonball at the pool. Good times. Normally I’m not hunting when it’s still this warm.

did you ever do any goose hunting? still have late season goose hunting

did you ever do any goose hunting? still have late season goose hunting
Yeah i'm planning on hunting late goose. Went out Saturday but my spot was still completely frozen over so it was pretty much a waste. Watched some geese fly back and forth on the horizon and heard someone else shooting, nothing wanted to come my way though. Best bet seems to be finding a farm field, everything else is getting lucky enough to pass shoot.

Yeah i'm planning on hunting late goose. Went out Saturday but my spot was still completely frozen over so it was pretty much a waste. Watched some geese fly back and forth on the horizon and heard someone else shooting, nothing wanted to come my way though. Best bet seems to be finding a farm field, everything else is getting lucky enough to pass shoot.

I tried hunting at bolton flats with some decoys today - had 3 groups passover but none were interested. Not sure if the local birds are gettable unless you're at one of their sanctuaries (golf courses).

I tried hunting at bolton flats with some decoys today - had 3 groups passover but none were interested. Not sure if the local birds are gettable unless you're at one of their sanctuaries (golf courses).
I had heard Bolton was supposed to be pretty good too, maybe that's early season though. At this point in the season I think they know all the hunting spots and steer clear.

Very frustrating this year late season. Last year I at least had a few shots pass shooting, this year so far nothing.

Back
Top Bottom