Early Glock Internal Parts

I recently bought an early Gen 1 Glock 17 (AY-prefix, ITH barrel code, so September of 1986.) The gun itself is otherwise original minus the upgraded internals. For those unfamiliar: in the early 1990's Glock upgraded specific parts in the frame and slide to address safety concerns. These new parts were silver/stainless in finish, whereas originals were black. Needless to say guns that weren't upgraded are less common and more desirable to collectors.

I'd love to find original Glock frame and slide parts, and given the sheer number of older Glocks that have made their way to Massachusetts I suspect there are still some of these parts floating around in the state, perhaps in someones parts bin or an armorers toolbox. Anyone have a lead? Thanks!

Back on the hunt for these as I recently acquired a very early Glock that used a very early version of the pre-upgrade internals parts. If you think you may have these, or any other pre upgrade internals (I’m always buying used early Glocks so can never have too many of these parts) let me know, thanks

Have you tried posting this in the equipment and DIY build forums? May get better traction there.

how old are the glocks you're looking for that contain those parts? 80's manufacture? early 90's?

About as early as it gets - I have three “A” prefix Glocks imported in 1986 during the first year of importation. I also have a lot of gen 2 9mm Glocks.

Back
Top Bottom